phil_pas's profile

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

Saturday, November 26th, 2011 7:13 PM

Cisco ISB 7005 receiver

1. Does anybody know where on the box one can find the IR sensor?  Even turned backwards, it responds to signals from the remote, but when it's out of the room,  no matter where I place an IR sensor, it doesn't respond.  I do know that the IR sensor is hot since  I can use it to run a DVR put away in a closet. 

2. Has anybody solved the problem of a banner appeariing during the playback of a recorded program that says "Press OK to view a list of recordings" even though one is watching a recording already?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

12 years ago

The IR sensors are difficult. What you say sounds like you are using am IR blaster. It may not be capable of producing the required signal. Loook at this - http://www.nilesaudio.com/media/ir.php

I have seen the second one from time to time. It is very annoying. I have tried back and exit to tv buttons. I think one of them gets rid of it.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

@phil_pas wrote:

1. Does anybody know where on the box one can find the IR sensor?  Even turned backwards, it responds to signals from the remote, but when it's out of the room,  no matter where I place an IR sensor, it doesn't respond.  I do know that the IR sensor is hot since  I can use it to run a DVR put away in a closet. 

2. Has anybody solved the problem of a banner appeariing during the playback of a recorded program that says "Press OK to view a list of recordings" even though one is watching a recording already? 

It's located on the front of the box between the red RECORD light and the MENU button.

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

Thanks again to you and texasguy37. The Niles site explains that I need a new 20 Series sensor with the ATT box.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I have this particular box and mine does not have the IR connector in front between the record light and menu button, So does this mean not all Cisco ISB7005 have the IR connections available?!

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

hmorris00 - All the U-verse DVRs/STBs have an IR sensor. What happens when the remote button is pressed??

The remote sends an IR signal, thesensor receives it and responds.

Are you having a particular problem?
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.