Helpful Links

Cisco ISB 7005 receiver

Highlighted
Contributor

Cisco ISB 7005 receiver

1. Does anybody know where on the box one can find the IR sensor?  Even turned backwards, it responds to signals from the remote, but when it's out of the room,  no matter where I place an IR sensor, it doesn't respond.  I do know that the IR sensor is hot since  I can use it to run a DVR put away in a closet. 

2. Has anybody solved the problem of a banner appeariing during the playback of a recorded program that says "Press OK to view a list of recordings" even though one is watching a recording already?

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 6
ACE - Expert

Re: Cisco ISB 7005 receiver

The IR sensors are difficult. What you say sounds like you are using am IR blaster. It may not be capable of producing the required signal. Loook at this - http://www.nilesaudio.com/media/ir.php

I have seen the second one from time to time. It is very annoying. I have tried back and exit to tv buttons. I think one of them gets rid of it.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 6
Expert

phil_pas wrote:

1. Does anybody know where on the box one can find the IR sensor?  Even turned backwards, it responds to signals from the remote, but when it's out of the room,  no matter where I place an IR sensor, it doesn't respond.  I do know that the IR sensor is hot since  I can use it to run a DVR put away in a closet. 

2. Has anybody solved the problem of a banner appeariing during the playback of a recorded program that says "Press OK to view a list of recordings" even though one is watching a recording already? 

It's located on the front of the box between the red RECORD light and the MENU button.

Message 3 of 6
Contributor

Thanks again to you and texasguy37. The Niles site explains that I need a new 20 Series sensor with the ATT box.
Message 4 of 6
Contributor

I have this particular box and mine does not have the IR connector in front between the record light and menu button, So does this mean not all Cisco ISB7005 have the IR connections available?!

Message 5 of 6
ACE - Expert

hmorris00 - All the U-verse DVRs/STBs have an IR sensor. What happens when the remote button is pressed??

The remote sends an IR signal, thesensor receives it and responds.

Are you having a particular problem?
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 6
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app on your device.
It allows you to troubleshoot in the palm of your hand - quickly and easily!
You will also find some helpful articles below.

Additional Support