Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Cisco ISB 7005 receiver won't stay linked to NETGEAR router

Contributor

Cisco ISB 7005 receiver won't stay linked to NETGEAR router

We just installed a new NETGEAR router yesterday and everything works fine (all wired receivers & a wireless Motorola receiver) but we have 2 wireless Cisco that initially connect and seem to work then it glitches, freezes and goes to the "U-verse signal has been lost" and lists the 5 instructions on how to restart my receiver & router....this happens every single time I do this. I need instructions on how to keep it from loosing the signal -- any one had this issue before?? (oh an btw my internet and phone are working perfectly fine too)

Message 1 of 2
Employee

Re: Cisco ISB 7005 receiver won't stay linked to NETGEAR router

The Cisco wireless receivers connect to the Uverse WAP which has to be connected to one of the four ethernet ports on gateway. 

if I was dispatched on a service call for a WAP that had been disconnected from gateway and plugged into a non att product would move the connection and then charge you a $99 service call for customer generated issue.

edit...if you do have the WAP connected to the gateway, suspect issue is either proximity or channel being used as the WAP uses a 5GHZ network channel.

If have an android product download the free WIFI ANALYZER app (radar sweep icon) to see what channels are being used. May need to change the 5GHz channel on your Netgear.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support