fromuk2ca's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, January 10th, 2015 10:54 PM

Can you transfer recording information from one DVR to another?

I have a Uverse DVR that is acting up and a replacement is on it's way. The problem is that we have 38 series recordings setup and no way to transfer them to the new DVR when it arrives. Many of the shows are not currently being aired so it's not even a case of manually re-entering everything; you have to wait till the shows comes back on before you can do that. Does AT&T have a utility that can transfer series recording settings between DVR's?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

9 years ago

Your schedule will remain (on a remote server I believe) but your recordings will be gone since they are kept on the hard drive of the DVR.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

We're not worried about the recodings as we expected them to go, but it's the csheduled stuff that's been built up over several years and just picks up new series of shows when they start airing without having to track the date of the new season. I hope you're right and I guess we'll know soon enough as the replacement DVR arrives in a few days.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

9 years ago

@fromuk2ca wrote:

We're not worried about the recodings as we expected them to go, but it's the csheduled stuff that's been built up over several years and just picks up new series of shws when they start airing without having to track the date of the new season. I hope you're right and I guess we'll know soon enough as the replacement DVR arrives in a few days.

I'm on my 3rd DVR in 7+ years.

I was pleasantly surprised to find my schedule intact each time I replaced a DVR.

Let us know.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

As you said, All the scheduled recording details were in tact after the new DVR was installed. A great outcome. Thanks for your input.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.