Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Can you transfer recorded programs from one dvr to another dvr

Highlighted
Contributor

Can you transfer recorded programs from one dvr to another dvr

I have a defective dvr that has recorded programs I would like to keep.  I received the replacement dvr and I want to know if I can move or transfer the recorded programs from the defective dvr to the new dvr. 

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by skeeterintexas
‎01-17-2019 11:52 AM

Re: Can you transfer recorded programs from one dvr to another dvr

No you can't.  HDCP (copy protection) prevents that.  How would you copy it anyhow if the source dvr is "defective"?  Removing the hard drive from the dvr is not permitted.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 3
Employee

Re: Can you transfer recorded programs from one dvr to another dvr

and even if you swapped hard drives it still wouldnt work because the recording keys are married to the serial number of the dvr

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THE FOLLOWING IS INCLUDED WITH EACH POST

While AT&T employees do look at forum posts from time to time, we are here to represent the forum with our experiences as customers on our own time and do not represent AT&T in any official capacity with our responses.
*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support