Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Can't pause live TV and want to set up a default channel for when first turning on TV

Highlighted
Contributor

Can't pause live TV and want to set up a default channel for when first turning on TV

Please help! Whenever I first turn on the TV and live TV is going, it won't allow me to pause whatever is on. This lasts for about a minute and then it finally lets me pause after hitting the pause button a hundred times (this happens on all TVs in the house with different DVR boxes). During that time, an inappropriate show could be playing while my child is in the room. And I can't immediately do anything but mute the TV (I also can change the channel but while trying to change the channel who knows what's being shown or said). 

This could also be solved if I could set up a default channel (such as the weather channel or a kid's channel) that the TV is always turned to when you first turn it on. I thought I remembered this being an option, but that may have been when I was with Dish.

Message 1 of 2
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by skeeterintexas
‎01-10-2018 6:14 PM

Re: Can't pause live TV and want to set up a default channel for when first turning on TV

You only have one DVR.  All other boxes are referred to as Set Top Boxes.  Think of them as slaves to the master DVR.  Yes, when you first turn on a STB, it takes a moment for it to establish communication with the master DVR and there will be a lag in the ability to pause that TV.  I have this happen all the time...only because I'm super impatient.

Setting a "default" channel is not an option.  You'll need to be aware of what channel you leave the TV on when you turn it off since that's the channel that will appear when the TV is turned back on.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
Additional Support