For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
gaw531's profile

Mentor

• 

51 Messages

Thursday, August 15th, 2019 3:13 PM

Can't pair VIP2500 wireless receiver to Cisco Model VEN401 access point

We had to order a new wireless receiver as our old one quit working.  The VIP2500 model was delivered yesterday evening.  I tried to pair it to the access point (model Cisco VEN401) but it will not pair.  After an hour of trying I called customer service and was told there was a problem with equipment on their end and to try again after 8:30 pm.  I tried a couple of times last night and have tried twice this morning.

I have unplugged the access point and waited for 10-15 minutes after I plugged it back in, no luck.  This morning I restarted the residential gateway, no luck.  I will say that the access pint we have had for over 8 years in case that makes a difference.

Does anybody have any other suggestions, before I call customer service again.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

Try to get them to send you a VAP2500 WAP.  IMO it's much better than the old VEN401 anyhow.  My 2500 hasn't had to be re-peered since I installed it (years now).  The old 401 had to be re-peered every time my wireless receiver was disconnected more than about 30 seconds (I was sharing the one wireless receiver between 2 tv's).

Mentor

• 

51 Messages

5 years ago

I called customer service this afternoon.  After an hour of trouble shooting, she said our equipment was old and she is sending a technician out to install the receiver and update our equipment.  Our residential gateway was replaced 4 years ago and the WAP is at least 8 years old.    

Mentor

• 

51 Messages

5 years ago

Update:  technician was out today and swapped out the Cisco VEN401 for the Arris VAP2500.  He said the Cisco VEN401 will only work with wireless receiver ISB7500 and we were supposed to sent another ISB7500 receiver.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.