sanvara's profile

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

Sunday, November 11th, 2012 8:00 PM

Can one reciever be designated SD only (for kid's bedroom)?

I'm thinking about getting Uverse but I'm concerned about only having 3 HD streams. I'd like to have the reciever in the kid's room be SD only. Is this possible? I don't want to be recording two HD shows and then not be able to watch a live HD stream because the kids TV is using the one HD stream that is left.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

11 years ago

I would think this is possible with parental controls. Parental controls are individualized per receiver, so set up parental controls on the kids receiver, and just prohibit all HD channels (channel numbers above 1000) using the channel lock option.

Hide them from the guide also so that they don't even see them, and you should be good.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

11 years ago

@sanvara wrote:

I'm thinking about getting Uverse but I'm concerned about only having 3 HD streams. I'd like to have the reciever in the kid's room be SD only. Is this possible? I don't want to be recording two HD shows and then not be able to watch a live HD stream because the kids TV is using the one HD stream that is left.

No, what you are asking for is not an option. 

You can, however, HIDE channels on each receiver.  That would be my suggestion.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

psoftkidd - Recording takes precedence, It will interrupt a blocking TV.

Also, if you try to watch an HD channel & one is not available, you can override it.

Some people get 4HD if close enough to the VRAD. But, the fourth cannot be on the DVR. Locate the DVR in the kids room.

It is going to take cooperation & coordination. Hope you can get that.

Who watches live TV anyway?? Record & watch the recordings & you will not be interrupted & you will not be seen as a bully grabbing the HD.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.