hiortintexas's profile

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

Wednesday, March 20th, 2013 2:30 AM

Can not pause

I am a brand new UVERSE customer and I saw tonight that I could not pause the live programing that I had tuned two.

I'm watching on one of two wireless receivers.

This happened before and I power cycled the modem.

Why would this happen?

Thanks

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

11 years ago

I've had that happen when I've been watching a program on a STB for just a second or two.

Have you done a reset on everything?  RG/DVR/STBs???

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

hiortintexas = This is on an STB other than the DVR?? Does it work on the DVR?

Check that all your connections are tight. Disconnect power from STBS, DVR RG.
Reconnect RG - wait for steady green lights. Reconnect DVR. wait for reception. Repower STBs.
this may reset communication needed for the trick play.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

11 years ago

I noted also that the American Idol show that I had scheduled for recording the season, but it did not look like it was recording.

I solved it by pulling the power out of the DVR.

After that everyting worked.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

hiortintexas - You do have DVR service??

It takes a short time for trick play be available. This makes sense on rewind, because it has to record to be able to rewind. It is logical that you should be able to pause immediately, but it may not be possible because it is in the trick play suite & the whole package is not yet available on that channel tune.

You can always rewind, later. But, I realize that has disadvantages. That reminds me of previous post discussions - The pause is a very fragile state. If you expect to be paused for more than a minute and you want to assure that you can view it, you should hit the record button instead of the pause button.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

I tried the pause & found that it does take 2-30 seconds before it is available.

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

11 years ago

When i did pause I had been watching several minutes. Yes I have a DVR and this has worked before. The message I got was that "pause is not available at the moment - try later"
I waited and still no luck. Same issue this morning.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.