For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
mcderm's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, December 4th, 2015 4:07 AM

Can I watch dvr recording on my PC?

I can watch live TV on my connected PC but not programs recorded on the DVR. How do I get DVR recording to play on the PC?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

35.1K Messages

8 years ago

@mcderm wrote:

I can watch live TV on my connected PC but not programs recorded on the DVR. How do I get DVR recording to play on the PC?

You cannot.  That is not a U-verse feature.  (Unless you have some sort of TV card in your PC that you can connect to the output of one of your TV Receivers.  I figure that's not what you meant.)

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

6 years ago

@Kalina wrote:

This is not true at all. I have used a uverse shortcut in the past and it had all my DVR recordings on my PC . I just had to sign into my att account. My computer just crashed and I'm reinstalling everything. Right now, I can't pull up the shortcut for my dvr. All I get is my account. I'm really upset about this.I will not give up trying. I;m paying over $300.00 for att services. I should be able to watch my dvr on my pc and TV.  This is real crap.

A.  The ability to watch recordings remotely (computer/phone/tablet) has never been an option.  Unless you were using a Sling box (referenced above) you were watching programs from the On Demand Library or live.  You can (could) control your DVR recordings, but not WATCH DVR content.

B.  All access to Uverse was moved to the app in Nov. and is compatible with the following devices:

• iPhone/iPad/iTouch (iOS 9.3 and above)
  • Apple Watch
  • Android smartphones and tablets (OS 4.1 and above)
  • Android Wearables (Android Wear OS)
  • Amazon Fire TV devices

This includes scheduling recordings, watching live programming and  content from the OD library.  Read more HERE

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

8 years ago

The watching live, but not recorded applies to uverse.com? As Jeffer says, it is not currently a u-verse feature. In the future, who knows. Surely, someday.

But, if your PC has a video input card to accept any of the outputs of an STB, it can display what is playing on the STB. You need to control it directly with the STB remote or with the PC using an IR blaster & control software such as microsoft media room.

But, you probablbly want to do it at a distance. For this you need a slingbox or other such equipment (as MT aludes to).

A slingbox has the  video input to accept the video output from the STB & an IR blaster to control the STB & an internet connection so yo can access it from any computer (brower) that has internet access.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I've noticed that I also can't watch my local network affiliated channels on my PC either, it's a deal breaker for me, I'm going back to Dish, the Hopper has a built-in SlingBox that integrates with the reciever, and has no restrictions on what pprogramming I can watch on my PC, tablet, or phones. Basically, all of the cable and satellite providers charge about the same monthly charge, so why not get what you want for what you're paying?

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

@waverider57 wrote:

I've noticed that I also can't watch my local network affiliated channels on my PC either, it's a deal breaker for me, I'm going back to Dish, the Hopper has a built-in SlingBox that integrates with the reciever, and has no restrictions on what pprogramming I can watch on my PC, tablet, or phones. Basically, all of the cable and satellite providers charge about the same monthly charge, so why not get what you want for what you're paying?

You are getting what you pay for on Uverse, they never stated you could do what you want to. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

8 years ago

at&t claims you can watch anything, anytime, anywhere on all of your devices, mobilizing your world in 1080I, guessing nobodys noticing that either, problem is you cant and it is false advertisement. 

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

8 years ago

@heyslappy wrote:

at&t claims you can watch anything, anytime, anywhere on all of your devices, mobilizing your world in 1080I, guessing nobodys noticing that either, problem is you cant and it is false advertisement. 

The word "recordings" or "DVR" is never mentioned.

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

8 years ago

The only way I have heard being able to watch recordings on a computer is to get Slingbox.  I wish we could just watch them without jumping through the hoops.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

When I had mythtv in the late 90's with cable I had this feature.  Why can't uverse implement this feature 20 years later.

It isn't a hard item to do technically.  Why doesn't att implement this feature.  

I should be able to watch my dvr from anything that has a browser.   Please don't use the excuse the IPAD doesn't play flash.  

Not having this feature in inexcusable.  

ACE - Expert

• 

35.1K Messages

7 years ago

Really, you had to rez a year-old thread to post that?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.