Sheridith's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, March 16th, 2013 7:03 PM

Can DVR track watched recordings?

Is it possible for uverse DVR to show what shows/recordings have been watched? Example: my scheduled recordings screen shows all the shows that have been recorded. Show recorded- SMASH, 3 eposides. How can I track what eposides I've actually watched or partially watched other than my memory? 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

Sheridith - That is another good idea that does not exist in U-verse. In addition to that basic idea I thought it would be good to show which STB ( or set up a name for each person to say they are done) for situations where multiple people want to watch the same show before it is erased.

There is only one thing you can do to help track where you are - When you select the show from the list the next screen will start with either play or resume play.

If it starts with play, either you have not yet watched it or you have watched it all the way to the end.

If it starts with resume play, you have watched some of it. When play starts you can hit the play button to see how much you have watched.

If you want to "mark" shows that you have watched, do not let them run to the end. Then all your watched shows will say resume play.

The easiest way to stop a show is to hit the last button. This will stop the show and take you somewhere else. Or, just enter a channel number while the show is playing. This will stop the show & take you to that channel.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Thank you.  Your answer is very helpful. We recently switched from 14 years with DirecTv to U-Verse. Learning a new system is interesting. DirecTv tracked all of your viewing on the recorded show screen just by variation in font highlighting. Hope they add this feature and yours soon! 

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

New to forum. I just hit the " solution solved" link. Does that keep folks from continuing to reply to my question? 

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

No, Just lets folks know it worked for you

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

11 years ago

@Sheridith wrote:

New to forum. I just hit the " solution solved" link. Does that keep folks from continuing to reply to my question? 

It has already been answered (as in no) Smiley Wink AND if someone has anything else to add that is worthwhile, you can have multiple "accepted solutions."

I will add that the U-Verse DVR GUI is very basic and that (noting if it has already been watched or partially watched) would be a fine addition.

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

No, but the company can actually see what you are watching, record, when you watch recorded shows, how long, etc..
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.