Cable card

Teacher

Cable card

I just read about Hauppauge WinTV-DCR-2650 and I would like to know if U-Verse gives/sales a cable card.

You can find more info at http://news.cnet.com/8301-13845_3-20102522-58/get-a-dual-tuner-cablecard-adapter-for-$127/?tag=nl.e7...

I called technical service and they don't know what I'm talking about. One reason that I pasted the article.

Could someone tell me if they have a card and how to get one?

Or how can you record some programs on computer and not on DVR. I want to save some wood working programs (ch 20) and not have to delete them or watch them in the house and not in my workshop.

Thank you very much for your time. Hope I find an answer before the new season starts.

Message 1 of 19 (3,624 Views)
Teacher

Re: Cable card

You guys are awesome.

Thank you
MC
Message 16 of 19 (3,302 Views)
Teacher

Guys I have a new problem.

I'm getting a background noise when I download some ch. 20 DIY shows from the pre-recorded DVR as you sugested to do.

I did not have that before but I had to use the laptop that was conected to the PVR and when I connected back I start haveing that sound (like thousands of bees... sound)

Could someone help me. I appreciate.

Thank you very much.

MC

Message 17 of 19 (3,259 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by Phil-101 (Moderator)
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

[ Edited ]

What is the make/model of the video connection to the PC that you bought?

What type of connection did you use from the STB to the video input to thePC? If you used composite video (yellow jack) & red/white jacks for sound you may have a bad connection on the sound. Try disconnecting your cables then reconnect - verify you have everything connected correctly and firmly. It is easy to get connections crossed up.

If it is the connections, you would have a problem while watching something live.

It is unlikely it is the DVR process. You can check that by playing another show.

It could be a one time glitch on the episode. Check additional episodes.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 18 of 19 (3,247 Views)
Teacher

Thank you very much. It worked.

Some cables were not in the right place.

Thank you.

MC

Message 19 of 19 (3,211 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. It is much faster than posting on our forums. You will also find some helpful articles below.