TeeNelm's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Tuesday, April 4th, 2017 5:50 PM

Box overheating and shutting down

I am very concerned that my receiver will catch on fire. I have called in and spoke with someone about my receiver was overheating and shutting itself off. I was told that they updated something from their end and that it should be ok now and that I would not get my receiver replaced. So today I get the same message again as soon as I turned my tv on and it shuts down, I touch the receiver and it's very hot? Does this have to catch fire before something is done or replaced???

Expert

• 

15K Messages

7 years ago

How much space do you have around the receiver to let some air circulation around it?

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

7 years ago

There is nothing around it, just sitting on top of an electric fireplace. I did speak to someone and they are sending me another one.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

7 years ago

I"m good now, they sent me a new box!

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I just experienced the same problem.  There is nothing around my box and it was so hot that I could barely touch it.  In addition to being dangerous and a possible fire hazard, I lost everything I had recorded for the past couple of months since this is the second box that has been replaced.  This is a replacement and a new model.  Never had an overheating issue with the old one.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.