Bode8692's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, January 18th, 2013 9:50 PM

Bought a VIP2250 and need help with it

I bought a VIP 2250 used off a non ATT website. I got it due to the fact that i was having surround sound troubles with the VIP1250 and heard the 2250 fixes these problems. Do i need to activate the box or something to get it to connect? Please let me know and thanks in advance for the help

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

11 years ago

@bauwls wrote:
Gah all these misconceptions. You have to pay for the DVR on Ufam and U100, and yes you can have it provisioned.

Yes you can have a DVR with UFam if you pay for it, however it HAS TO COME FROM AT&T.  You cannot buy a STB or DVR from an ad on EBay or Craigs list or any other site and expect it to work.  That property is STOLEN and belongs to AT&T.  That's not to say that AT&T won't take it back, refurbish it and give it out again, but Joe customer cannot activate it just by calling in.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

11 years ago

@bauwls wrote:
Gah all these misconceptions. You have to pay for the DVR on Ufam and U100, and yes you can have it provisioned.

No, the DVR is included in UFamily at no additional cost. The DVR was $15/month if the customer had U100; however, U-verse no longer offers U100 to new customers.  Oh, the misconceptions!

http://www.att.com/shop/tv.html#fbid=aAd13wj0MKQ

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

11 years ago

@texasguy37 wrote:

@bauwls wrote:

No, the DVR is included in UFamily at no additional cost. The DVR was $15/month if the customer had U100; however, U-verse no longer offers U100 to new customers.  Oh, the misconceptions!

http://www.att.com/shop/tv.html#fbid=aAd13wj0MKQ

I'm anxiously awaiting an update from the OP...but I have a feeling we won't hear from them again.  Smiley Sad

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.