Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Blue exclamation in monitor/computer icon

Contributor

Blue exclamation in monitor/computer icon

What is meaning of blue exclamation inside monitor/computer icon ? Cannot access tv. Can click guide & select channel, click ok......no tv! Just this symbol described above. How do I undo this?

Message 1 of 4
Expert

Re: Blue exclamation in monitor/computer icon

@Scgbtv16 - How do you get to it!

Message 2 of 4
ACE - Expert

I'm assuming he's talking about the icons on the guide.  There are two icons that keep you from viewing content:

1) You're not subscribed, or

2) Parental Access is turned on for that channel.

I think the blue exclamation point means not subscribed.  If you select that channel anyway, you should get a message saying that you're not subscribed.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 4
Associated Member
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by skeeterintexas
‎09-27-2016 3:59 AM

Hi,

The screen with an exclamation mark means you are not subscribed to that particular channel. The only way you wont get that symbol is if you subscribe to the package that channel is included in (i.e getting HD service for hd channels). Basically, the channel you tried to access is not included in your channel lineup. 

If you get a screen with a lock on it, that means that parental control has been turned on for that channel. 

- i like my coffee bitter like my feelings -
*I am a trusted partner that is associated with AT&T, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support