Mikro's profile

Guru

• 

727 Messages

Friday, March 11th, 2011 8:58 PM

Battery Bakup for the RG Great But Battery Bakup for the Phone ?

I got the Belkin bakup for the RG with install that's great and all. But My Phone system the AT&T CL84209 with a few added handsets is just plugged into a standard house hold outlet or power strip. I got no way to call out other than a cell phone because the base goes down that's it. Unless there's a bakup device with AC 3 prong outlet to plug the phone system.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Scholar

• 

82 Messages

13 years ago

Take the RG out of the picture entirely.  If you had a POTS for phone service and the power failed, your cordless phones would not work either.  Only wired phones work when the power goes out.  Your issues has nothing to do with the battery and the RG but in your expectations.  You would have this issue regardless of provider and technology used.

Mentor

• 

45 Messages

13 years ago

@Mikro wrote:

I got the Belkin bakup for the RG with install that's great and all. But My Phone system the AT&T CL84209 with a few added handsets is just plugged into a standard house hold outlet or power strip. I got no way to call out other than a cell phone because the base goes down that's it. Unless there's a bakup device with AC 3 prong outlet to plug the phone system.

I have a wired phone in the kitchen that we seldom use but it works during a power failure. Just to be safe though, I have a battery backup unit on the base of my cordless phone.

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

13 years ago

Buy a battery back up for your phone system and you will be good to go.  ATT is not responsible for supplying BBUs for other phone systems.  They provide them for the RGs of subs who have Uvoice.

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

13 years ago

I keep a hardwired phone on hand to plug in, should the need arise.

Guru

• 

727 Messages

13 years ago

@RCSMG wrote:

Buy a battery back up for your phone system and you will be good to go.  ATT is not responsible for supplying BBUs for other phone systems.  They provide them for the RGs of subs who have Uvoice.

I bought The Twin to What AT&T put in both my Phone and RG are hooked up now I got a Cell phone now too for After bakup goes dead times. Around here power can go down for more 48hrs in Severe cases.

Employee

• 

3.9K Messages

13 years ago

Either buy a $10 hardwired phone for emergencies or a battery backup for the base.

Mentor

• 

26 Messages

13 years ago

I was going to also say, the cheapest way is to keep one old analog phone on hand for this purpose. They get their power from the phone line itself.

On the other hand, there are some hard wired handset new phones that say they can work in a power outage.

For instance:

AT&T CL84100 Corded / Cordless Answering System w/ Caller ID, Speakerphone, Expandable Up to 12 Handsets

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.