antman_2's profile

Guru

• 

506 Messages

Monday, December 31st, 2012 1:23 AM

Audio delay with surround sound selected (VIP1225)

Thanks for your time. Now that I replaced my old dlp which wouldn't acknowledge surround from the box (VIP1225) My new Samsung will utilize the surround selected from the box. The only problem is that there is a 2-3 second delay after ff/rewind/pause. This does not happen when normal audio is selected. 

Please help w/ a fix. 

You guys rock!

Happy new year!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

Buffering would be why. We have the latest Cisco DVR that ATT offers, so do not see the problems, that the older DVRS saw. Do see issues every now and then, if we ff/rwd on the STB in our bedroom, due to buffering between the DVR & the STB.

Official Solution

Guru

• 

506 Messages

11 years ago

I tweeked the eq on the t.v. to get better highs and lowered the hz so the speakers don't pop. With the really good shows I'll use the a/v.

By the way, if you get a sound bar and hook it to the audio out from the t.v. will the sound bar power up whenever the t.v. is turned on so you don't have another darn remote?

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

If not using a AV system, there is no need to enable Surround on the Set top. If you are noticing that there is a sync delay when listening through a AV receiver, need more info.

Guru

• 

506 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks for your time. Although there is a significant delay direct to t.v., through the a/v the delay is minimal, but present. Good point on not needing it through the t.v. but I hate to have to change it everytime I turn the receiver on and explaining how to do so to the wife.

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

Do like we did, and use a Soundbar for the tv, when the AV receiver is off. We do not notice a delay in sync with audio from the Soundbar & what is on the tv.

That way, you have better speakers than what is built into the TV, and have the option of either Surround Sound when you want, or just the Sound bar, and do not have to worry about swapping from Stereo to Surround.

Guru

• 

506 Messages

11 years ago

Thought about that but I would hate to buy a sound bar when I have an awesome a/v system. I tweeked the e.q. in the t.v. for average shows, good ones get the a/v.

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

I had no problem with getting the Sound bar, even with what we have spent on our AV system. We are split on about 60/40, depending on what we watch. More gets watched on the Sound bar, with the AV system reserved for movies, tv shows that sound better on the AVRS (Duck Dynasty, Dancing With the Stars, Wedding Band, etc.).

Mainly News, or those shows that will not sound good on the AVRS gets watched on the Sound Bar.

ACE - Professor

• 

5.8K Messages

11 years ago

I have always had a delay after FF/REW/Pause. I thought that was normal.

Scholar

• 

108 Messages

11 years ago

This is my biggest problem with Uverse. Coming from Dish, it has taken some time adjusting to this, and the lack of a 30 sec skip forward being the other issue. Service has been solid, just wish they would update the dvr software features.

Guru

• 

506 Messages

11 years ago

No delays whatsoever when audio is on stereo only (directly wired to t.v.) see post for further explanation.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.