For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
BDelgado76's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, November 22nd, 2017 1:51 AM

All My DVR recordings erased?

I had a lot of recordings on my IPH 8110 DVR,  the device was not close to being full and was scheduled to keep recordings until space needed.    Last night 75% of my recordings were gone...  simply disappeared.    I initially blamed my wife as she tends to  freak out and delete everything when it gets within 25% of being full.  She assured me she did not do it.    Today, all the recordings were deleted.  I immediately turned to her  again with disapproval.  Again, she denied everything.  So based on the advice of our marriage counselor, I am turning to you for help.  Save my sanity and my marriage:  Why are my shows automatically and randomly deleting?    

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

There's been other threads in these forums about recordings mysteriously disappearing.  You can try rebooting the gateway (pull plug for 15 secs. and let gateway fully reboot) and then rebooting the dvr (pull plug for 15 secs.).  I am not sure it will have any effect for this problem but it's always a good "first try" and doesn't hurt anything.

If that doesn't work you can try non-disaster recovery and finally disaster recovery described here.  Of course if you have to resort to the disaster recover you loose all your recordings anyhow (but not the program scheduling).

Finally you will need to call tech support for a replacement dvr (recordings gone this way too of course but still not the scheduling).

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.