Adding a second DVR

Highlighted

Adding a second DVR

Is it possable to add a second DVR to the home network?

Message 1 of 3 (2,098 Views)
Employee
Solution
Accepted by skeeterintexas (ACE - Master)
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: Adding a second DVR

One DVR per account, one account per address.

The system may have up to 8 set top boxes, a DVR and up to 7 receivers, 2 of which can be wireless.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 3 (2,089 Views)
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author kowalskisean
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: Adding a second DVR

No, only one. Cannot add another. Even if you could, you would not be able to record more shows at the same time, because only four streams are available at the same  time.

If you are building a library, the u_verse DVR is not the place. Sooner or later you will lose the recordings.

If you want to build a library use a computer or another storage & have a back-up for that.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 3 (2,088 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. It is much faster than posting on our forums. You will also find some helpful articles below.