For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
cstauberc's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Thursday, July 6th, 2017 1:12 AM

Access DVR when away from home

How can I access my dvr recordings from my computer when I'm away from home?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

7 years ago

Uverse does not offer the option of watching recordings remotely.  In other words, you can't.

You CAN watch programs from the On Demand library remotely so check there to see if something you DVR'd is available there.

Guru

• 

464 Messages

7 years ago

That is not available with u verse.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

OK - When I'm on the road, how can I watch my TV shows?

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

7 years ago

@cstauberc wrote:

OK - When I'm on the road, how can I watch my TV shows?

Welllll...it WON'T be anything you've recorded on your DVR.

Again, check the On Demand Library.  LIVE TV is supposed to be available but there have been some posts that there's an issue with that.

So to review:

• DVR content away from home?  No
  • On Demand content away from home?  Yes
  • Live TV away from home?  Maybe if they get it fixed.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

7 years ago

Buy a Slingbox?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

Kindly elaborate. Can I connec that to my PC?

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

7 years ago

Slingbox is a set-top box that connects to your TV (or any other video-output device) and streams the signal to another machine in real-time -- there's no recording involved. This machine might be your computer in your home, in which case Slingbox streams the signal via your home network. It might be your Web-connected laptop or cell phone located anywhere in the world, in which case Slingbox streams the data via the Web. You can control the video that appears on your screen just like you were watching from home. There are several types of Slingboxes, ranging from the Classic Slingbox (the original model) to the Slingbox PRO-HD. Each model has its own bells and whistles, but they all perform the same basic function: delivering live television from your TV to a networked device.

How Slingbox works

Google is your friend.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

7 years ago

The latest model is the Slingbox M2.  Essentially, you connect it between your DVR (or other Set Top Box that has access to your recordings) and your TV.  It connects to your home network, wi-fi or wired ethernet, and uses your Internet connection to stream content from your DVR to a computer or mobile device.  If you are watching it on your mobile device, that will use data, so be aware of that.

Also, if you were to switch to DirecTV, which may or may not be attractive to you, the HR44 and HR54 Genie DVRs have a function called Mobile DVR, which allows you to download recordings while at home to a mobile device and watch away from home.  This feature does not require any data usage on your mobile device to work as it downloads over your home network while you are at home only.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

Would a Roku do the same?

Thanks for the info!

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks - I'm a truck driver and I'm looking for options while I'm o the road. I wouldn't object to DirectV if there were no bandwidth limitations!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.