larryb654's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, August 13th, 2014 6:17 PM

AT&T DVR software update

I was a previous DISH customer and they had software for the DVR that you could make folders to store your saved recorded programs.  It was very helpful when you wanted to store something that you had finished watching and wanted to store it for someone else in the family to watch or to make a folder for each person in family for their own recordings.  It also had a trash folder that saved a recording that had been erased so that it could be restored within a certain amount of time in case it had been erased in error.  I would think that Direct TV would have the same kind of software.  Now that Direct TV and AT&T Uverse are one is there any thing in the works to update software to enable something similar to these features??

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

10 years ago

@larryb654 wrote:

Now that Direct TV and AT&T Uverse are one is there any thing in the works to update software to enable something similar to these features??

The AT&T and DirecTV merger has not been officially approved yet.

If it goes through, they are probably going to do something to merge the two platforms together. However, what they do is purely speculation at this point.

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

10 years ago

1) The purchase of DirecTV by AT&T is far from assured,

2) If it happens it won't be for a year or more,

3) I personally expect that U-verse will continue to be quite different, technologically, from DirecTV afterwards, though the content may more closely align

4) No, there is no such thing in the DVR software, I've heard nothing that makes me think it's in the update they've been trying to roll out this summer, and I've heard nothing that makes me think it'll be in the next one, and the next one could be a year away (given how this last one's been going).

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

10 years ago

While we're throwing around ideas, I'd like to see a password-protect on recorded shows. This way, no one else can delete things I record. It would also be another "fool-proof" way to keep from accidentally deleting shows. Maybe I pressed a button too fast, but I swear I've been recording shows, deleting other ones and maybe, just maybe, I press a button too fast and it deletes the second show on the list.

So yeah, a "Do you really wish to delete this show? Please enter your passcode now" screen would be fantastic. Obviously, it would be something the user would have to opt-in to.

Mentor

• 

37 Messages

10 years ago

A deleted folder where oldest files are permanently deleted when space is needed would serve the same purpose with not user action.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

@Tom_D wrote:

A deleted folder where oldest files are permanently deleted when space is needed would serve the same purpose with not user action.

Just curious - do other providers have a deleted folder or a way of password protecting shows that you don't want deleted?  I accidently deleted "important to me" programs on both Comcast and U-Verse.

Mentor

• 

37 Messages

10 years ago

Yes, I remember a deleted folder with DirecTV.  It worked the way I described where delted programs were moved to the deleteed folder and the oldest programs in that folder were deleted when space was needed for new recordings.  I think you could go into the deleted folder and permanently delete from there.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.