For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
sfieldsL123's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, January 29th, 2015 7:19 PM

3 wireless U-Verse receivers

Can you have more than 2 wireless receivers if only two will be active?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Guru

• 

921 Messages

9 years ago

No, you can only have two. It's a hardware limitation

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

9 years ago

Why woud you want a receiver that is not active? Do you want to use a receiver in two different rooms without moving it?

You can connect two TVs - https://sewelldirect.com/Sewell-HDMI-1x2-Splitter-v13b.asp?ad_source=GoogleAdWords&ad_medium=PPC&ad_term=HDMI%20+splitter&ad_campaign=53983803&ad_group=2074889043&ad_network=search&ad_creative=7153161963&gclid=CKe_ir2ii6gCFUiK4AoduEbyCQ

You can control the STB in room one from room 2 - http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/423521-REG/Universal_Remote_RFS200_RFS200_Master_Control_Powerpack.html

Also, the LOgitech Harmony HOME control says it is a full featured remote. Checking to verify that means it transmits IR. Logitech also sells a SMART control with a SIMPLE remote that does NOT transmit IR.

Further research seems to indicate that all three remotes (smart, home, ultimate home) that use the hub ONLY generate IR from the HUB. Therefore, they cannot control a TV in one room and an STB in another, wirelessly. The HUB must be in one room & a miniblaster in the other room, connected by a wire. An extension wire would probably work. I connected two miniblasters to one jack with a Y connector, so the signal is probably strong enough to reach room to room. If you can run a wire.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

I wanted to put a wireless receiver in an unwired bedroom that is rarely
used. Only two of the three wireless receivers would ever be used at the
same time. Evidently even if this could work, the account pass code wouldn't
allow it.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

9 years ago

Sounds like the best choice is to move it the infrequent times it would be needed. Better than paying 8-9 dollars each month it is not used.

If you really, really want another one, can you wire one of the existing locations and place the freed-up wireless in the extra room?

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

9 years ago

A.  As stated, you can only have 2 wireless boxes

B.  Why not replace one of your wireless boxes with a wired box and move the wireless in the extra room.

C.  You'll pay the montly fee regardless if the box is used or not.

Edit:  aviewer, we're both thinking the same thing!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

That is what I will do... thanks

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Can you have 3 wireless recevers if you don't use the VAP? If you use the modem. Can it handle more recevers?

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

7 years ago

See the Solution on this thread provided by @my thoughts

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.