Wally1227's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, October 23rd, 2013 2:17 AM

where the heck is the live player plug-in

I've been trying to find/download the "Live Player Plug-in" as required by Uverse, but only get directed to the following site - http://uverseonline.att.net/uv/configure-live-player-plugin

Any suggestion of where I can REALLY get the player download??

Thanks in advance!

• 

25.7K Messages

10 years ago

You can use Java if your having problems getting live player to work.  Java download here: http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

10 years ago

Can't install the live player plug in on internet explorer 11 with windows 8.1 os. Is it compatible? Also the the player connects to the home network randomly using google chrome. The mozilla firefox brower is blocking the version 45 edition of java & it won't let me unblock it. It states the the newest version of java is not safe I attatched a snip picmozilla java issue.PNG. Any ideas?

1 Attachment

• 

25.7K Messages

10 years ago

Okay I figured this out.  I assume you are trying to view live TV at U-verse.com.  It took me a bit to understand it.  Once you log in and go to the live TV section and you get a green indication on step one "signed in".  Then you need to click on "install Plug In".  That takes you to the page with the Java, and Live TV.  You MUST load the Java program and once it's done, click on the link that wants you to verify the version.  Once you have done that the Java will turn green.  Then click on LIVE TV and it will ask you to run that as shown in step 3.  Once you do that it will all work.

I was a bit confused at first also.  I thought you could choose between Java or LIVE TV viewer but you have to do Java first then the LIVE TV and accept/run it.

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

10 years ago

None of these live TV things (either on UVerse.com or on my Android phone) are working right, anyway. All of them say I'm not on my home network when I am.

• 

25.7K Messages

10 years ago

SJ....I am seeing the same behavior now also.  It was working as of the last post I made above but not now.  I did click on the not connected icon and received a Java security warning about allowing the AT&T site to use Java but it had an unknown certificate.  I ticked the allow button and it still says it not connected.  Msut be having verification issues?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Therein lies the issue, I NEVER get the links for downloading. I manually
installed Java, I checked firefox for version (24.0 up to date), rebooted
2x. When I go to step 2, I've no buttons or hyperlinks.

I also tried w/Chrome and same results.

I use Avira and Spybot S&D (both free versions) and have turned them off
w/same outcome.

Regards,

Wally

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

10 years ago

Last night I tested this out.  First, it seems to be a hodge podge of technologies, as it requires: Flash, Java and Silverlight, at least for the channels I tried.  I realized after thinking about it that they may be at the mercy of the providers on some viewer technology.  I had little trouble clicking the buttons to download / upgrade plugins, Java on IE being the biggest pain.

Anyway, I was able to watch a channel (Disney XD) on Chrome, which used a flash video player pretty quickly.  This channel doesn't have the in-home requirement.

I tried to watch a show on G4, which does have an in-home requirement.  It wanted the lastest version of Silverlight.  Never was able to get it to work on Chrome, but after the second retry, it finally worked on IE (before that last retry it kept telling me I need to be in my home network, even though I was).

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I recently helped my dad with this problem.  He's in Colorado, and is staying somewhere with nothing but internet.  The problem he had was similar to the above, no matter what he tried he could not get Live Player installed.  We're both on Windows.

CNET has an alternative download for live player here:  http://download.cnet.com/Live-TV-Player/3000-2139_4-10469284.html

Anyway, for us, this managed to fix the problem.  He is on Mozilla and I am on Chrome.  He has only tested it on NFL Redzone, though, so I can't vouch for it working on any other channels as some have mentioned the plugin variety varies.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Nope...java is only the first step in the process...

Somehow, you need to be able to "install" the LIVE Player Plug-in too

There's got to be a file pointer for server download somewhere

Anyone?

Windows 8.1, IE 11, trusted zones(http://uverseonline.att.net/)

Guru

• 

644 Messages

10 years ago

this is a old post

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.