Wally1227's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, October 23rd, 2013 2:17 AM

where the heck is the live player plug-in

I've been trying to find/download the "Live Player Plug-in" as required by Uverse, but only get directed to the following site - http://uverseonline.att.net/uv/configure-live-player-plugin

Any suggestion of where I can REALLY get the player download??

Thanks in advance!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

im running Windows 8.1 and had the same problem aswell running java live for any of the browsers. so i reinstalled java plugin. and was able to install live player plugin without crashing.

java win8 plugin> http://java.com/en/download/win8.jsp

Mentor

• 

76 Messages

10 years ago

Win 8.1 here, Dell 17.1 Inspiron, Core i7 McAfee LiveSafe all purchased before we switched to Uverse TV 450/Internet/Home phone in Jan 14.   Since then I have spent HOURS on the phone with ATT techs off-shore and in the US, including folks from the presidents office and social media office, all to no avail.  All programs, Java, etc, are up to date.  They have remotely "taken control" of my computer.  I use Chrome, but have also tried IE and Firefox.

No problem getting the "not-at-home" stations, but it never recognizes that I AM!!  on my home wifi network, for all the good channels.  My little 7" Dell tablet on Android has no problem, I can get anything, but not much fun on that little screen unless I hold it really close to my face...... [sarcasm...]

I'm tending to believe that AT&T is advertising and selling (and charging for) a product they cannot supply nor support.   Prove me wrong!

Scholar

• 

225 Messages

10 years ago

Did you ever get this issue figured out? I have the same model laptop and am having the same exact issues.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

I believe the plug-in install step uses a pop-up to activate. The viewing of that step is either blocked or must be allowed & the indication that it can be allowed is so subtle you do not see it.

Try to unblock pop-ups & study the screen very carefully to see availability of a pop-up.

Mentor

• 

76 Messages

10 years ago

Well... figured it our for a couple days.....  Running out of options for help with ATT I spend a couple hours on chat with McAfee folks.  Yes, it was something in McAfee that was blocking/not trusting the ATT thingy that verifies I'm on my home network.  Everything worked great until the next automatic update from McAfee, then back to not at home shows only.  I'm getting too tired to spend anymore time with the tech folks.  Obviously I haven't run into anyone smart enough to make this work and keep on working.  By the way, my Dell 7" Android tablet works just dandy on all stations.... but the screen is a wee bit small and I can't HDMI it to the big screen.

This has been an experience that only reflects poorly on the AT&T/Uverse and McAfee tech people.  Why don't these companies have people who can take care of this?

Scholar

• 

225 Messages

10 years ago

I use Microsoft Security Essentials as virus and etc. protection and not anything like Norton or McAffee so that is one difference. I can also get the java app to install but it NEVER has detected that I'm at home in the home network so in home channels can be watched.

Mentor

• 

76 Messages

10 years ago

It is my belief that ATT's Java script does not have a "valid certificate" or something like that and that is why our security and antivirus programs are stopping it.  Ergo, the problem is with ATT/Uverse and not our antivirus programs.

You'd think that as long as this thread has gone on that some ATT/Uverse Mensa Guru would have jumped in and solved the problem.... 😉

Yes, JadedPixie, same here, it will not acknowledge that I AM on my home network.....

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

10 years ago

@JadedPixie wrote:

I use Microsoft Security Essentials as virus and etc. protection and not anything like Norton or McAffee so that is one difference. I can also get the java app to install but it NEVER has detected that I'm at home in the home network so in home channels can be watched.

Have MSE too and as soon as I went to live TV, the popup came up and went from 46 to 71 channels to be watched.  On FF 32.02 w/Disconnect Me whitelisting Uverse online. 😉

Edit:  It is saying Hi to you in the upper right corner of Uverse Online?  Know that I have to click Sign In twice to get it to say Hi to me.

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATTUverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Mentor

• 

76 Messages

10 years ago

No idea what "On FF 32.02 w/Disconnect Me whitelisting Uverse online" means, sounds Greek?.....  And here in my home, on my Android tablet which has no such problems, I usually get 130-140 channels.  

Scholar

• 

225 Messages

10 years ago

@mibrnsurg wrote:

@JadedPixie wrote:

Have MSE too and as soon as I went to live TV, the popup came up and went from 46 to 71 channels to be watched.  On FF 32.02 w/Disconnect Me whitelisting Uverse online. 😉

Edit:  It is saying Hi to you in the upper right corner of Uverse Online?  Know that I have to click Sign In twice to get it to say Hi to me.

Chris

I actually have Windows Defender and not MSE. I thought the two were the same thing for awhile because MSE can't be installed on Win 8 computers. I just read online that they are different apparently. I can't find a whitelisting option in Windows Defender as of yet but will keep looking on Google.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/wiki/mse-protect_start/microsoft-security-essentials-installation/e6e18776-9571-42e9-8fc0-66717dde0e19

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.