Explore & discover

Helpful Links

weather alerts are WAY TO LOUD!!!!!!!

Contributor

weather alerts are WAY TO LOUD!!!!!!!

How can I turn down/mute the volumn of weather alerts?  Please , somebody help me!

Message 1 of 5
ACE - Expert

Re: weather alerts are WAY TO LOUD!!!!!!!

I don't think you can.  They are "injected" into the channel(s) and cannot be suppressed or volume changed.  Only solution is to grab the remote and turn the volume down or off (or hit the mute).

I guess they make 'em loud to really grab your attention which I would think would be a good idea if you're in an area where a tornado or something equally disastrous is coming. Smiley Very Happy

This is a public forum and I am a customer just like you. Click kudo if you feel this post is helpful and "Accept as Solution" if it solves your problem.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5
Scholar
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by skeeterintexas
‎04-06-2017 3:46 AM

No.  You can't turn it down.  It's like the buzzer wake-up alarm on your clock radio.  It makes sure you hear it.

Tags (1)
Message 3 of 5
Scholar

@chiefdore wrote:

No.  You can't turn it down.  It's like the buzzer wake-up alarm on your clock radio.  It makes sure you hear it.

Just hit the "OK" button to silence and get rid of it.

Message 4 of 5
Contributor

Agreed. These are way too loud and so frequent. They come on so frequently during the summer that I don't pay attention to the warning anymore, much like a car alarm going off outside. And the thing too as well is that once you press the "ok" button, sure enough the exact same alarm goes off a minute later. I really don't need the alert to wake me up because guess what, if there's a thunderstorm brewing outside, the THUNDER will wake me up. 

Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
Additional Support