For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Clikpp's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, March 4th, 2015 6:28 AM

my DVR is not recording

I didn't touch anything, yesterday it was recording, but today it doesn't record anything, the red light is off, when I press the record button it says recording but is not. And is not allowing me to pause or rewind. How can I fix it?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@Clikpp wrote:
I didn't touch anything, yesterday it was recording, but today it doesn't record anything, the red light is off, when I press the record button it says recording but is not. And is not allowing me to pause or rewind. How can I fix it?

If the DVR functions are still not working, try a Non-Destructive Disaster Recovery.

Unplug the power cord of the DVR from the wall or from the back of the box and wait ten seconds. Plug the DVR back in.

When three white dots appear on the screen, unplug the DVR again. Repeat this process two more times.

Plug the DVR back in on the third time and leave in. Three white dots appear followed by a gear with a status bar at the bottom of the screen.

If the Disaster Recovery screen does not appear, repeat the steps above. If the Disaster Recovery screen appears, wait until completion.

If the Non-Destructive Disaster Recovery does not work, follow the steps for a Force Disaster Recovery

Will not erase recordings, take a bit of time or so. Good luck 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

9 years ago

Hi @Clikpp 

Just checking up on your post. Did mibrnsurg's suggestion of the Non-Destructive Disaster Recovery help your DVR restore the recording functions? If not, let us know and we'll find another solution for you. 🙂

- MorganCS
- ATTU-verseCare

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Thank you, it worked.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.