Avandalay2013's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, June 19th, 2013 4:27 PM

live tv on ipad

Does anyone know if watching live tv on the ipad uses up one of the four live tv streams on the home tv? Thanks in advance.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

10 years ago

From the article found in the link below:

AT&T U-verse has added live TV streaming to its authenticated TV Everywhere menu with an app update for iOS devices, including the iPad, iPod Touch and iPhone, that lets customers access more than 100 channels at home and more than 20 while they’re on the go.

Channels with out-of-home rights offered via the U-verse app include AXS TV, Encore, Encore-West, HDNet Movies, NFL Network, NFL RedZone, Pac 12 Network, Pac 12 Bay Area, Pac 12 Los Angles, Showtime, Showtime-West, Showtime Beyond, Showtime Extreme, Showtime Extreme-West, Showtime Family Zone, Showtime Too, Showtime Too-West, Showtime Women, Smithsonian Channel, Starz, Starz-West, The Movie Channel, The Movie Channel West, TMC Xtra, and TMC Xtra-West.

A subset of live channels are also available to authenticated customers via Uverse.com, an AT&T spokeswoman said.

The updated app, offered for free to subscribers who take AT&T's U-family or higher U-verse TV package, will add more live channels and more devices “on an ongoing basis,” the company said.

The U-verse app also supports “thousands” of on-demand TV shows and movies, access to extra content about a show being watched (episode information, photos, case and crew data), remote DVR management, and advanced search features.

“By making live TV content available across devices we’re enabling our customers to watch TV on their terms when and where they want it,” said Mel Coker, chief marketing officer, AT&T Home Solutions, in a statement. “U-verse has always been about delivering a TV experience built around our customers, and this enhancement gives them even more flexibility and control.”

AT&T’s base of U-verse TV subs eclipsed the 5 million mark in the second quarter after adding 233,000 in the period. 

AT&T U-verse joins a growing mix of pay-TV operators that have added a mixture of in-home and out-of-home live TV streaming to their TV Everywhere repertoires. Last month, Verizon Communications launched an upgrade to the FiOS Mobile App that, for the first time, offered out-of-home access to live TV, starting with nine channels. Time Warner Cable, meanwhile, has begun to offer up to 11 linear channels (depending on the market) on its TWCTV app for iOS and Android devices, as well as on Web browsers.

http://www.multichannel.com/distribution/att-u-verse-app-flips-live-tv-streaming/145938

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I downloaded the iphone uverse app and I am confused about one thing.  Ive read that the NFL network is one of the channels available to stream outside the home and I do have the NFL Network as part of my package.  I do not have nfl network as channel option as of right now to stream out of the home on my iphone.  Is this something that will be added on later or should I be able to stream it right now?

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

@coz007 wrote:

I downloaded the iphone uverse app and I am confused about one thing.  Ive read that the NFL network is one of the channels available to stream outside the home and I do have the NFL Network as part of my package.  I do not have nfl network as channel option as of right now to stream out of the home on my iphone.  Is this something that will be added on later or should I be able to stream it right now?

The article that aviewer copied said that viewing live TV via the iPhone app would not be available until 10/16.  Not sure if they are adding channels to that piecemeal, meaning not fully loaded until 10/16 or what.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

dhascall -
I believe the new version for both ipad & iphone has been released. There is a press release posted in the forum.

When I saw the coz007 post I wanted to answer, but could not think of one. I was thinking of "is it available" as another marker. Reading this post I see that the question arises based on reading articles not looking at the app. So, my answer would be if it is not on the app it is not watchable. If it is on the app it may be watchable if you qualify by package level.

coz007 did not see it on the app.

So, I looked it up & see it is chan 630/1630. I go to the u-verse app for ipad & there it is. I click on play & it does. I do not have a iphone, so someone else will have to check that app.

Since channels will always be added & removed from live play. And, tablet, phone, u-verse.com, android & IOS may not always have the same content, it would be nice if the were a comprehensive, current list of supported channels - like the regular channel list - Instead of checking off the various package, it would check off which device it is currently available on.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

As far as the PC goes, I only saw  the original 12 channels to choose from.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

I believe uverse.com is not yet upgraded. When it is ready there will be a press release.

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

10 years ago

I hadn't been around for the past week or so, but this is very pleasant news to here.  I saw the new look of the app but I just looked at it really quickly.  They (ATT) may be a little behind in some things, but they do manage to come up with some pretty cool features, in the long run.  Good job ATT.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

When I went to uverse.com this am I see that it has the new watch live - the same as the ipad/iphone.

The required plug-in does not load under Chrome - use Safari or Firefox.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

@aviewer wrote:

When I went to uverse.com this am I see that it has the new watch live - the same as the ipad/iphone.

The required plug-in does not load under Chrome - use Safari or Firefox.

Yep, seeing it too!

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

10 years ago

At&t Uverse app update with live tv is now available on the android market place. Just updated the app on my phone. Works properly!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.