klfricke's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, September 16th, 2013 10:46 AM

Windows 8 app for Uverse

I LOVE my Windows 8 Lumia 940 phone, but am shocked there is no U Verse app .  How can this be, since ATT Wireless SELLS my phone?  When can I expect to lose my Third World status with Uverse?

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

ACE - Expert

• 

34.6K Messages

10 years ago

Blame market share.  Looked at how many Windows 8 phones get sold compared to iPhones/Android?

Mentor

• 

64 Messages

10 years ago

Marketshare is irrelevant. You can't tell me that AT&T doesn't have enough Windows 8 phone users that creating a Windows 8 app is not worth it. Besides, I'm also a Uverse subscriber as well as a Uverse digital phone subscriber and wireless phone subscriber. AT&T gets plenty of my money. I've been with AT&T wireless for over 15 years (iincludes when it was Cingular). I've been with Uverse for over 8 years and before that had AT&T DSL and have been an AT&T landline subscriber for over 40 years.

Marketshare, Bah Humbug!!!!

ACE - Expert

• 

34.6K Messages

10 years ago

I can tell you that it has taken them 2 years to give to Android apps a feature that they introduced on iOS at the beginning of those two years (U-verse Connected).  If Android's marketshare had not dwarfed iOS's in that interval, it would not have happened.

It is not worth developing and supporting any application on any platform unless there is return on the investment fo develop and support that application.  Heck, for all I know they may release one tomorrow.  But I'm not betting that way.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Pretty sure Microsoft Windows dwarfs iOS and Android considering that 90% of the business world and home pc's run on Windows.

Add in Xbox One runs on Windows 8 OS as well, AT&T is not too sharp. I went to a Nokia 1520 and have Office 365, SkyDrive, OneDrive, Xbox Glass all through Microsoft. Yet my Uverse service is worthless because their lack of support for actual users rather than the smart phone for dummies iOS users.

what a joke!

Mentor

• 

64 Messages

10 years ago

Here, here! That is exactly right not to mention that if AT&T isn't going to completely support Windows OS they shouldn't feature phones that have it.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

After at&t discontinued the uverse app for wp7 I had been hurting for years for a u verse app, after coming across this thread and reading the employees posts and followed their web link. We actually are able to manage our uverse dvr queue with the mobile uverse web app on our windows phone. Try this web link http://m.uverse.com/ and try it on different 3rd party browser apps for windows phone to get the best experience on your phone. I know it really stinks that we have no real app to use on windows phone but at least we can manage our dvr queue on our phone also like the rep said on your windows tablet you can manage your queue through the web app and its not too bad, I even pinned my dvr queue as a tile on my start screen. So with that being said we may not have an official app but we can still manage our DVR with our windows phone and windows tablet, even though its a web app I am grateful! 

Mentor

• 

64 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks for the information. While it's true the link works it is not a good solution. The information is truncated and it's difficult to maneuver the site.

Sent from my Windows Phone

Employee

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

I have a Lumia 920 and love the Windows 8 interface.  I would love to get Uverse mobile on my device.   I even offered my cell phone as a test device for any beta mobile apple you guys have.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

This may be old news, but I am using Windows 8.1 and can access my U-verse DVR, etc. from http://uverseonline.att.net   Works fine.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.