onevint007's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, February 25th, 2013 9:12 PM

Closed

Why isn't "share my media" an option in my interactive tab?

I have enables Windows Media player 12  for streaming.  I am a member of home group network and my music directory share is enabled.  I hit the 'menu' button on my remote and scroll right to 'interactive' .  Under interactive my choices are :Interactive apps, My multiview, Sports Multiview, News multiview and Kids Multiview.  'Share my media' is not a choice.  If I push the 'go interactive' their are more choices but 'share my media' is not one of them.  Att point you to these directions:

http://www.att.com/support_media/images/pdf/uverse/Media_Share_QSG_for_Vista.pdf

But this does not include WMP 12 and the TV 'interactive' menu on the second page is nothing like the 'interactive' menu on my TV. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

11 years ago

Media Share: MENU > Entertainment > Media Share

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Yes !!!! You should work for ATT.  You are a genius and they are a little slow.  PS-the Entertainment choise was in the 'go interactive' button.

Mentor

• 

41 Messages

11 years ago

Boy am I sorry I didn't see this earlier. 

After a day or two of flailing around trying to get Media Sharing to work, but never getting it to appear on my TV the way it is documented, I called Uverse Tech Support.  After about 2 1/2 hours and two disconnected phone calls, I wound up talking to some Tier 2 and Tier 3 support folks who had no idea how Media Sharing should be set up.  Finally, they agreed that the service had been dropped and the change had just not been posted yet.

Then, I found this thread and everything fell into place.  Really amazing how clueless their tech support is, even at the higher levels.

Thanks for your help.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I was happy to see that someone else has the same problem, with media share not showing up. There is an "Accepted reply", but what is the answer.  Why doesn't share my media saow up.  Does anyone know what the problem is and how to solve it?

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

@franilia2 wrote:

I was happy to see that someone else has the same problem, with media share not showing up. There is an "Accepted reply", but what is the answer.  Why doesn't share my media saow up.  Does anyone know what the problem is and how to solve it?

It's an accepted solution because the solution works perfectly.  Texasguy37 showed you one way, in the other thread where you asked the same question.  You can also press Menu > Interactive >Interactive Apps > Entertainment and it is there.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.