Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Why can’t i watch recorded shows on the U-verse app?

Highlighted
Contributor

Why can’t i watch recorded shows on the U-verse app?

The app doesn’t offer the option to “watch” recorded shows. It indicates what’s recorded and i can delete the shows. But I can’t watch them. 

Message 1 of 10
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by skeeterintexas
‎03-14-2018 4:12 AM

Re: Why can’t i watch recorded shows on the U-verse app?

You can manage your DVR but not WATCH DVR content remotely with Uverse.  You can watch live or On Demand on the app but not recordings. 

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 10
ACE - Professor

I thiugth all DVRs worked the same way...in other words, the way @skeeterintexas explained. You'd have to record the shows, but it would be a pain, as you'd constantly be finding your spot.

There *is* another way...kind of. If you had multiple STBs, you could tune one in to one channel and watch via the other.

STB1 set to ESPN.

STB2 set to CNN.

You could turn STB1 back to CNN and have the full buffer, but you'd lose the ESPN buffer.

Yeah...it's just easier to record one show and watch it later. The show you want to watch live, set it to record, but start that recording about 20 minutes later... you'll eventually "catch up" to live TV.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 10
ACE - Expert

@baseballisback  Was your reply meant for this thread?

Message 4 of 10
Contributor

This is rediculous that the app won't allow us to watch our recording plus the On Demand is the crappiest iveI ever seen . The lack or networks and programs to select from is just flat out garbage!!!!

Message 5 of 10
Contributor

I just switched from spectrum. I love lots of the great technology, but the on demand options, frame by frame and a sleep timer are things I really miss now that theyre gone   was  sad to see I couldnt watch my recordings, but I guess it would be a logistical nightmare.

Message 6 of 10
Contributor

When I try to watch Uverse live tv on the app, when I select a show, about 75% of the time I am only given the option to "record" or "add or remove".  In-fact, While on the guide, if I select the "live" option, most of my channels disappear from the listing.  So the only way I've found to watch those channels is to uncheck "live", see what network is showing the program I want to watch, then sign in to that network's app.  There's got to be an easier way.  Any helpful advice would be appreciated.

Message 7 of 10
Contributor

Why do I pay so much for U-verse if when I’m not home I can’t even check on scheduled recordings?    ie I think I scheduled the playoffs on fox to record, I’m away from home but can’t look at my app to even see if I scheduled them because the app won’t show any fox listings or scheduled recordings or if they’re even recording.  Makes the app kind of useless!!   Why keep att?

Message 8 of 10
Contributor

That doesn’t answer the question. We already figured out that you can’t and want to know why. Especially since you can watch recordings on the DirectTV app and they’re both owned by AT&T. Is there any future hope of being able to watch recordings on the U-verse app?

Message 9 of 10
Scholar

Nothing's impossible, but I think it's very unlikely. U-verse has been around since 2006, and that capability has never been implemented. Now that AT&T is focusing on DirecTV for television services, U-verse hasn't been updated in a few years- including dealing with some irritating bugs.

We're all customers like you, though, so no certain knowledge here, sorry.

Message 10 of 10
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support