dewasw's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Friday, November 2nd, 2012 5:44 PM

What is the primary cause for a licensing error 6030.

What is the primary cause for a licensing error 6030. Silverlight is installed and enabled.in the Managed Add-on control file.

I can watch Hulu movies on Uverse but not premium movies on Uverse.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

Update on 15 Nov 2012

Two Uverse technicians were here and determined the problem was in my computer because the wife's computer would play Uverse on my hard line. Her computer has the same OS, Chrome and internet default settings.

In parallel, I research my Intel graphics controller card (Intell 82865) and found out its driver was not compatible with Windows 7. My Dell computer is 5 years old and came with XP which I updated to Windows 7 prior to signing up for Uverse. Also, Intel does not have a driver for my card  that works with Windows 7.(it's called obsolescence).

So, I solved the problem by purchasing a new computer with Windows 8 and Uverse plays fine.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

More info:

OS in Windows 7

Browser is Chrome

Wife's computer can watch Uverse premium movies and she has same OS and Browser, but Silverlight version 4.0. Mine us the current 5.0 version.

Something is blocking the Licensing Verification/Confirmation process on my computer.

Tech support via the telephone can not even understand my problem, so they can't tell me where to look or verify.

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

Your firewall would be the first place I would be looking.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

I am SO surprised that nobody is responding to these things.

For anything premium, you have to be logged into the network's site in order for the video to work.

Of course, don't try it now - everything is broken at the moment.  But when it does start working, you have to go to the appropriate site - hbogo.com, showtimeanytime.com, etc. and log in there (and agree to their TOS).  Then you can get the video at uverseonline.

I have no idea when things will get fixed.  I'm just an end user like you.  I tried support to no avail (they killed my internet, didn't fix the problem).  The only advice I have seen is "wait it out" and "try later"

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

11 years ago

@sigh_another_login wrote:

I am SO surprised that nobody is responding to these things.

For anything premium, you have to be logged into the network's site in order for the video to work.

Of course, don't try it now - everything is broken at the moment.  But when it does start working, you have to go to the appropriate site - hbogo.com, showtimeanytime.com, etc. and log in there (and agree to their TOS).  Then you can get the video at uverseonline.

I have no idea when things will get fixed.  I'm just an end user like you.  I tried support to no avail (they killed my internet, didn't fix the problem).  The only advice I have seen is "wait it out" and "try later"

I'm able to log in to UVerse.com and HBOGO.com and watch videos with no issues.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

gregzopll_1 said.......Your firewall would be the first place I would be looking.

Answer: wife's computer has same AVG software, browser(chrome) and OS (windows 7), The only difference I can find is her version of Silverlight which is 4.0 and not availbable because version 5 is what you get on a download.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

oufanindallas said.....For anything premium, you have to be logged into the network's site in order for the video to work.

Answer....I assume you were referring to the Network site and not Uverse which i was logged-in. Went to Showtime and HBO sites and agreed to their Terms-of-Use. I will re-start my computer and see if it helps....thanks , Dave

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

11 years ago

Glad to see that you resolved your problem, even though it cost you several hundred dollars.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.