For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Richard_E's profile

Mentor

• 

99 Messages

Saturday, April 26th, 2014 2:53 AM

Watching live TV on Laptop

I have an old laptop that has Vista OS on it.I would like to watch live tv on it when I am outside cooking on my smoker.

When I go here http://uverseonline.att.net/uv/live it wants  me to add the plug-in.

I don't want to up grade to Windows 7 on on the laptop.

Is there a way to get the plug-in without up grading the laptop?

Thanks

Richard

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

Richard_E - Stuff does become obsolete. There are a lot of complaints about not being able to apply Apps to older IOS devices. To me, that is a reasonable complaint. Using the old device as a simple remote should be allowed. It seems a perfect use.

Video on the other hand requires a lot speed and bandwidth. I can see where it needs the latest hardware. Add to that, all possible iterations of software/hardware cannot be endlessly supported.

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

10 years ago

Which browser are you using?  The plug-in is not necessarily operating system specific.  I believe you can upgrade IE to IE9 or 10, or you can download and run FireFox or Chrome.  Other than upgrading your internet browser the only other option would be to get a Slingbox since you don't want to upgrade your operating system.

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

10 years ago

I agree with OU about the plugins.  They are not asking you to upgrade your OS to Win 7, it is that there are plugins that are needed for your browser to play/display the videos.  I use FireFox browser on my PCs to watch live tv on my computers.  But you can also get the latest Chrome or a higher Internet Explorer browser also.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.