Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Watch Uverse on my Windows 10 laptop?

Contributor

Watch Uverse on my Windows 10 laptop?

Really! I cannot watch Uverse on my Windows 10 laptop?  I can use my ipad / iPhone but not windows why?  Why is the uverse app available only to be installed and state that it is retired.  Really?  can you update it ATT or do you have a web site where I can make a connection and watch live TV?

Message 1 of 20
ACE - Expert

Re: Watch Uverse on my Windows 10 laptop?

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 16 of 20
Highlighted
Tutor

Why has it not been replaced or updated? I think it is a marketing thing to
make us go to Direct TV..!!!!

I believe they want to get rid of UVerse.
Message 17 of 20
ACE - Professor

Hello @mcsmgt 

You can believe what you want, but the outcome will not change.  Find another way to watch programming on your laptop using your subscription.  

75/20 Mbps VDSL2 connected Arris BGW210 gateway in IP Passthrough to Orbi RBK50 in Router mode

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 18 of 20
Tutor

Re: Watch U-verse on my Windows 10 laptop?

What I have done to resolve my issue to watch our U-verse recordings from
our other home is to install a Sling Box (at U-verse home) and then come in
via a laptop (with a Sling app) connected to our Smart TV via HDMI.

The only issues I have had is when the Sling Box does a software update it
wants a hard reboot so I installed a WeMo switch so I could do it remotely.

If Samsung ever releases a Sling Box app I could go in directly but they
only support Sling TV which does not allow me to get to the U-verse
recordings.
Message 19 of 20
ACE - Professor

Re: Watch U-verse on my Windows 10 laptop?

The problem with slingbox is that it takes over the Uverse receiver so if someone else wanted to watch, they would be forced to watch what the remote user is seeing.  However in your case the slingbox in a single use mode is perfectly happy.  Most devices allow autoupdates to be be disabled.  I would look into that to avoid the problem with having to reboot the device.

For simply watching live streams, remember that there is a Uverse app for Fire TV if watching on an actual TV (not PC or Mac). 

75/20 Mbps VDSL2 connected Arris BGW210 gateway in IP Passthrough to Orbi RBK50 in Router mode

Message 20 of 20
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support