jswee11a's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, May 19th, 2018 5:57 AM

Watch Uverse on my Windows 10 laptop?

Really! I cannot watch Uverse on my Windows 10 laptop?  I can use my ipad / iPhone but not windows why?  Why is the uverse app available only to be installed and state that it is retired.  Really?  can you update it ATT or do you have a web site where I can make a connection and watch live TV?

ACE - Professor

• 

5.3K Messages

5 years ago

@mcsmgt

Based on a survey the Uverse team was doing over the past several years, I know they were considering this option.  However at this point, assume no further enhancements to Uverse TV service will happen. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

It is funny (NOT) how AT&T allows this to be done via a website with their DirecTV service, but not the U-verse service. 

ACE - Professor

• 

3.7K Messages

5 years ago

Just another in a long series of not-so-subtle nudges toward DirecTV as the future of AT&T television services.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

5 years ago

1 Attachment

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Why has it not been replaced or updated? I think it is a marketing thing to
make us go to Direct TV..!!!!

I believe they want to get rid of UVerse.

ACE - Professor

• 

5.3K Messages

5 years ago

Hello @mcsmgt 

You can believe what you want, but the outcome will not change.  Find another way to watch programming on your laptop using your subscription.  

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

What I have done to resolve my issue to watch our U-verse recordings from
our other home is to install a Sling Box (at U-verse home) and then come in
via a laptop (with a Sling app) connected to our Smart TV via HDMI.

The only issues I have had is when the Sling Box does a software update it
wants a hard reboot so I installed a WeMo switch so I could do it remotely.

If Samsung ever releases a Sling Box app I could go in directly but they
only support Sling TV which does not allow me to get to the U-verse
recordings.

ACE - Professor

• 

5.3K Messages

5 years ago

The problem with slingbox is that it takes over the Uverse receiver so if someone else wanted to watch, they would be forced to watch what the remote user is seeing.  However in your case the slingbox in a single use mode is perfectly happy.  Most devices allow autoupdates to be be disabled.  I would look into that to avoid the problem with having to reboot the device.

For simply watching live streams, remember that there is a Uverse app for Fire TV if watching on an actual TV (not PC or Mac). 

Contributor

• 

7 Messages

Or you can just do what I do, connect your phone using the windows 10 "Phone" app then if it'll let you, run your phone screen on the app and open uverse.

Or even more simply use chromecast to mirror your phone screen while using the uverse app.

Or if you are dedicated to your PC you can do the little more complex method:
1. Download and install BlueStacks android emulator
2. Download UVerse from play store or if they dont have a play store find the UVerse.apk off google and install it
3. Run UVerse app in beautiful fullscreen along with any other incompatible Android to Windows App

https://www.bluestacks.com
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.