Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Watch ESPN App Issue - "User Not Authorized" Error

Tutor

Watch ESPN App Issue - "User Not Authorized" Error

I'm a U-200 subscriber, I get all of the ESPN channels on u-verse.  I recently moved to Kansas City from Chicago, and since the move I haven't been able to access Watch ESPN online.  I've tried from my laptop, phone and two different tablets.  I just get the User Not Authorized error.  Does anyone know how to fix this?  I don't have time to spend an hour on hold waiting for tech support.

Tags (1)
Message 6 of 140
Contributor

Re: watch ESPN app not working with ATT

NONE OF THE ABOVE WORK. ATT has had this problem for years. When speaking to their help department, the fix was..."If you get television service with us then the app will work".....EXCELLENT. So, you mean all I need to do is pay for television service, which negates the need for the app. Thanks a pantload. While you're at it, can you email me a temporary password so I can get into my email account that I'm locked out of because I forgot the password? Thaaaaanks.

Message 136 of 140
Expert

Re: watch ESPN app not working with ATT

@joshuapepe   Did you try this one that seems to work:

https://forums.att.com/t5/U-verse-Applications/Watch-ESPN-App-Issue-quot-User-Not-Authorized-quot-Er...

The one that fixed @Traduce's problem above yours. Smiley Surprised

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Message 137 of 140
Contributor

Re: Watch ESPN - User not authorized error

Can not get watch espn.lost 10 days ago
Do not know how to get it bsck..get message error? Can I get beck
Message 138 of 140
Contributor

Re: Watch ESPN App Issue - "User Not Authorized" Error

I have bravo app  all of a sudden it won’t let me watch any reality TV housewives Vanderpump rules dirty John it’s giving me the same error anyone  having the same issues for bravo 

Message 139 of 140
Contributor

Re: Watch ESPN App Issue - "User Not Authorized" Error

Finally solved this. Discovered this completely by accident after spending two hours trying to figure it out.

For AT&T U-Verse- you have to create a special ID to access website like ESPN and HBOGo. 

So log into AT&Ts website go to: Profile--> Account Users-->Member ID or AT&T E-mail  and Select "Register for a member id".

Message 140 of 140
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
Additional Support