KMinKC's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, February 3rd, 2015 2:29 AM

Closed

Watch ESPN App Issue - "User Not Authorized" Error

I'm a U-200 subscriber, I get all of the ESPN channels on u-verse.  I recently moved to Kansas City from Chicago, and since the move I haven't been able to access Watch ESPN online.  I've tried from my laptop, phone and two different tablets.  I just get the User Not Authorized error.  Does anyone know how to fix this?  I don't have time to spend an hour on hold waiting for tech support.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

8 years ago

U-verse TV Apps update:

Error message when signing on to HBO Go, Watch ESPN, Showtime, and other 3rd party streaming applications:

"It is not possible to sign in at this time. Please try again later."

"User Not Authorized"

Some users may have experienced trouble signing on to U-verse TV applications recently. Our technical teams were engaged and a fix was released today.

• For this to be in effect on your devices, you must Uninstall/Reinstall the app.
  • If you accessed the applications on a browser, please delete cache,cookies, and history to remove any trace of previous logins.
  • If you still experience issues accessing these applications, please post a new question and we'll be happy to assist.

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused Smiley Sad

ATTU-verseCare

(edited)

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Just curious on the newest updates for this ESPN app. Do you have to have at&t u verse cable to utilize this & watch live games? Currently I can watch old games/shows previously aired, but the app will not allow me to watch current live games with an error message reading "Unable to play video. You are not authorized to play this video. Please contact your provider. ". I currently have u verse internet and directv for my cable. I know directv currently has no agreement with ESPN, but what about uverse? Is it only with the cable service and not the Internet? Thx

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I am trying to watch the ESPN app and when i select certain shows, i get this error message "You are not authorized to play this content. Please contact your provider".  I have AT&T as my cell phone carrier and AT&T Uverse as my cable provider. 

Anyone else having this issue?

ACE - Professor

• 

5.8K Messages

10 years ago

I get the same message but only for the sec network. Customer support is if no help as usual. Using an iPhone and everything is updated and logged in correctly.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@KMinKC wrote:

I'm a U-200 subscriber, I get all of the ESPN channels on u-verse.  I recently moved to Kansas City from Chicago, and since the move I haven't been able to access Watch ESPN online.  I've tried from my laptop, phone and two different tablets.  I just get the User Not Authorized error.  Does anyone know how to fix this?  I don't have time to spend an hour on hold waiting for tech support.

Click the ATT Customer Care link in my signature, send the PM, explain your Watch ESPN sign in situation.

Include your account #, email address and a good phone # (land or cell) and time to contact you on.

Check the blue PM envelope, upper right on every page, for their reply. Good luck 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

9 years ago

Hi @KMinKC,

We have received your message and look forward to working with you to get this issue resolved.

-David T

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

I think AT&T has given up on trying to fix this issue.  I haven't heard anything back for over a week now, and I still don't have access.  If anyone else out there has a fix (besides changing providers), please let me know.  Very frustrating that I can't get this resolved.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

9 years ago

I am experiencing the same problem with Frontier. One thing I found was that it matters what channel you want to watch. You may find ESPN3 programs to play, not other channels.

Must be an ESPN problem.

I talked to ESPN on 1-888-549-3776  & they did a password reset & it seemed I could watch all channels except ESPNU. This am it looks like I am back to only ESPN3 viewing.

Frontier took a ticket on this & "promises" a fix today.

BTW this is on the browser access via a computer. Not an app on an iphone. I will have to try that.

Just tried Watch ESPN on my iphone - I logged in but cannot watch anything - not authorized.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@markdlogan wrote:

I am having the same issue. I am unable to use the Watch ESPN app and get a not authorized error whenever I try.

I chatted with Uverse tech support last night, and they told me it was a "known issue" with iOS 8.1 and above. 

I upgraded to 8.1.3, deleted the app and reinstalled it. It didn't help. I still get the same error.

Can anyone help?

Do you have Uverse TV w/ESPN?  If not, no Watch ESPN. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.