KMinKC's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, February 3rd, 2015 2:29 AM

Closed

Watch ESPN App Issue - "User Not Authorized" Error

I'm a U-200 subscriber, I get all of the ESPN channels on u-verse.  I recently moved to Kansas City from Chicago, and since the move I haven't been able to access Watch ESPN online.  I've tried from my laptop, phone and two different tablets.  I just get the User Not Authorized error.  Does anyone know how to fix this?  I don't have time to spend an hour on hold waiting for tech support.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

I'm a U-200 subscriber, I get all of the ESPN channels on u-verse, and also BTN, NBCSN, etc..  I recently upgraded from Internet U-verse only to U-200 and Internet, switching from DirecTV.  Unfortunately, when I try to use TV network apps on my iPhone and iPad (like ABC, Watch ESPN, NBC Sports Live Extra, Fox, BTN2Go, etc), after selecting ATT  U-verse as my participating TV provider and entering my U-verse credentials, I just get the User Not Authorized error from every single app.  Does anyone know how to fix this?  I don't have time to spend an hour on hold waiting for tech support, and I am about to switch back to another provider after only three days with U-verse.

Examples of errors:

NBC Sports Live Extra: "We're Sorry it looks like you're not a subscriber to this channel. Please contact you're provider."

ABC: "Error code:400-1. Unfortunately, you cannot access this content. Please contact your TV provider for further assistance."

BTN2Go: "User is not authroized to this content."

Watch ESPN: "Unable to play video. You are not authorized to play this content. Please contact your provider."

Can someone please help??? Talked with two techs who have basically thrown up their hands saying they cannot help.

Update on 6/9: So I sent a PM to ATTU-verseCare and quickly got a response from SadathCS. He called me and noticed that when I upgraded from Internet Only Uverse, the database they use to authenticate TV subs on these apps was not properly synched after my upgrade to the TV/Internet account bundle.  He forced the sync and it is now working. Thanks SadathCS! issue solved.

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

9 years ago

Assuming you have a U-Verse subscription that includes ESPN and have U-Verse internet, you should be good. Enter your master "at att.net" email address and you should be good to go.

If you have, say, Comcast internet with U-Verse TV, it won't work.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@baseballisback wrote:

Assuming you have a U-Verse subscription that includes ESPN and have U-Verse internet, you should be good. Enter your master "at att.net" email address and you should be good to go.

If you have, say, Comcast internet with U-Verse TV, it won't work.

Might not be true, previously had to have ATT Internet, but they changed it to must have a TV provider that has ESPN. Smiley Surprised

Who will be able to access WatchESPN content?

Users with a WatchESPN affiliated video provider must authenticate to gain access to ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, ESPNU, ESPNews, ESPN Deportes, ESPN Goal Line and ESPN Buzzer Beater. To view a list of the WatchESPN affiliated video providers, please click here.

Apple TV, Google Chromecast, Amazon Fire TV, Roku and Android mobile users who do not subscribe to an affiliated video provider will have access to ESPN.com video on demand clips only.

http://espn.go.com/watchespn/faq#faq6

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@Ncaperton wrote:
Error message, on any device, is "Unable to play video"
"You are not authorized to play this content. Please contact your provider."
It is a similar message when trying to stream on apps like FoxNow.
Please help us.

Do you have Uverse TV?  Required for Watch ESPN and Fox Now. Smiley Surprised

Chris

ATT Customer Care(all other problems)

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I feel like I've tried everything that I have seen on these forums to try and get my WatchESPN app on my phone or even on my computer browser to work. It still hasn't...I am just trying to watch the final round of the Open but am having some real troubles. I saw some answers on here regarding AT&T having to sync my account but not sure how to get that started. I have UverseTV and internet so not sure why this is happening.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I just updated from Uverse to Uverse with Gigapower and cannot access WatchESPN or Fox Sports Go.  I have U200 TV and base Gigapower service.  Log in on att site fine, then click on ESPN channel in the app and the not authorized user box pops up.  

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

Yes. We have ATT Uverse TV and Internet service, of course.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@Ncaperton wrote:
Yes. We have ATT Uverse TV and Internet service, of course.

It's not an "of course", there are many Internet only users that used to be able to Watch ESPN, that was the initial requirement. Smiley Surprised

Edit:  Contact ATT Uverse Care to be able to watch both.  Click the ATT Uverse Care link in my signature below, send the PM, explain your error situation situation.

Include your name, account #, email address and a good phone # (land or cell) and time to contact you on.

Check the blue PM envelope, upper right on every page, for their reply. Good luck 😉

Chris

ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

I just transferred locations (Dallas to Arkansas) and increased my plan to capture some savings (U450)..

However not that my services are up and running I cannot login into any 3rd party apps (HBO GO, Watch ESPN, Showtime, etc....)

Advice?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

Hi,

My account number is ***. I moved, upgraded my account on both TV and Internet, and Watch ESPN, FOX Sports, NBC Sports and Pac-12 have all listed me as an unauthorized user - despite the fact that I was able to use all these items two months ago. I am on U-300 plan.

I have tried resetting my password, with same error message.

Thanks in advance,

Bruce

[Edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.