KMinKC's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, February 3rd, 2015 2:29 AM

Closed

Watch ESPN App Issue - "User Not Authorized" Error

I'm a U-200 subscriber, I get all of the ESPN channels on u-verse.  I recently moved to Kansas City from Chicago, and since the move I haven't been able to access Watch ESPN online.  I've tried from my laptop, phone and two different tablets.  I just get the User Not Authorized error.  Does anyone know how to fix this?  I don't have time to spend an hour on hold waiting for tech support.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

9 years ago

Unfortunately, it effects all ESPN channels. The game I wanted to watch last night was on ESPN3, but it wouldn't let me watch it.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

9 years ago

Yes, I have Uverse TV and the Uverse app. Unfortunately, the game I wanted to watch was on ESPN3, so it's not available in the Uverse app and not available on TV.

Since I can watch ESPN on the Uverse app, it's only really a problem when games are broadcast on ESPN3, which isn't included in the Uverse app. 

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

9 years ago

try on your computer browser - http://espn.go.com/watchespn/

Be sure you are signed in & select an ESPN3 show.

It just worked for me , even though it comes up unauth on the iphone.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

9 years ago

Thanks. I'm aware I can watch ESPN3 on my browser on a computer. I'm trying to watch it on the app on my iPhone. That's the problem.

In this instance, I needed to leave the house for a while, so I wanted to be able to follow the game on my phone. I couldn't do that because of this error.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I have the U450 Package and I should be able to use HBO Go, Watch ESPN and apps of that nature to watch shows and games that happening. It is giving me the message that I am not authorized to play the content. I have called technical support a few times about the issue and no one here seems that they can help me. I pay a lot of money for the U450 and I would like to know has anyone else had this issue and if they can help me get past it. Thanks.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Same exact issue. Would love to speak to someone who knows what's going on.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

Both of you should contaact ATT  Customer Care for help.  Click the ATT Customer Care link in my signature, send the PM, explain your apps not working situation.

Include your name, account #, email address and a good phone # (land or cell) and time to contact you on.

Check the blue PM envelope, upper right on every page, for their reply. Good luck 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

ACE - Professor

• 

5.8K Messages

9 years ago

From a recent thread;

Apr 15, 2014 3:16:17 PM

Scholar

During registration for HBO GO you initially supply the username and password for the account attached to your Uverse account -- the one that you use to sign-in and view your bill.  This is how you get verified between the systems so that you actually *can* use HBO GO -- meaning: you are a paying subscriber.

When you *complete* your HBO GO registration, it asks for you to choose an HBO GO specific username and password which you will use every time you want to log in to their site.

You should always be logging in with the e-mail account that you use to access your bill, obviously, since sub-accounts are not allowed with AT&T.  Per the HBO GO Help section:

Can Sub-Accounts access HBO GO?

If your television provider offers Sub-Accounts, they should be able to access HBO GO. Please note that some television providers block sub-accounts from accessing HBO GO.

If I recall correctly you have to verify your uverse account with ESPN before you can watch the app. Have you done that yet?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Yes, I have done all of this.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I'm trying to watch both the tnt and watch ESPN apps but both are saying im not authorized and need to contactuou guys. I'm a full user with tv and Internet and have used the apps before. What's happening?
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.