WillaR's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, January 23rd, 2017 1:20 AM

Watch DVR Recorded shows on my IPad

Why can I only watch some of my recorded shows but not all of them?  I am traveling and an example is I watch all my recorded Blue Bloods, but I tried to watch the same show that was DVR last night I can't. I show it in my recording, but can't watch. Also shows I have DVR on the discovery channel it will not let me watch. It is kind of hit and miss on what I can watch. Any suggestions?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

7 years ago

As skeeter says, you are not watching ANY of your recordings.  The U-verse app can tell what you have recorded, and will offer to let you watch those that are available for streaming online via a Watch button on the recording list, but technically, you are not watching your recording, you're streaming it online.  Only some channels/shows are available for mobile viewing, and sometimes for a limited time.  This explains why some and not others.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

7 years ago

What you are watching on your iPad (remotely) is NOT your recordings but are from the On Demand Library. 

The ability to watch your personal DVR content does not exist with Uverse.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I have watched my recordings in the past on my iPad, but I too recently noticed I can't anymore. When was this disabled?

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

7 years ago

The ability to watch RECORDED programs has never been an option with Uverse.  What you were watching was from the On Demand Library (see post 2 & 3 above).

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

7 years ago

It's been years and still U-Verse has not added this feature, yet ALL their competition has it, even DirectTV which is now part of AT&T.  I know AT&T is trying to drive users towards DirectTV, but with AT&T Fiber I've got plenty of "up" bandwidth now.

If Google offers this when they finally make it around, it's a compelling reason to switch.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.