Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Uverse app- watching recordings

Contributor

Uverse app- watching recordings

Some recorded shows I can watch on my ipad and iphone using the uverse app.  But most I can't.  Actually, it seems like I can watch ABC shows but nothing else.  Why is that?  Frustrating!

Message 1 of 17
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by skeeterintexas
‎10-26-2016 4:04 AM

Re: Uverse app- watching recordings

You are not watching recordings.  What you are seeing is On Demand programming, therefore you are limited to the content provided by the networks.

The ability to watch recordings remotely (tablet/phone/computer) is not available with Uverse (at this time).

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 17
ACE - Expert

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 17
Contributor

Well this is really disappointing & I'm getting UVerse installed tomorrow. I daily stream from my Tivo to my iPad in my office. Slingbox seems too clunky and wouldn't let my wife keep watching her TV shows during the day, correct? Maybe I'll change the order and only get internet.

Message 4 of 17
ACE - Expert

I thought a Slingbox allowed a customer to watch DVR content remotely in addition to live streaming.  I don't have any experience with a Slingbox and the OP didn't mention it but perhaps someone else can shed some light on that.

Message 5 of 17
Contributor

Watching recorded shows

How can I watch my uverse record shows on my Android devices?
Message 6 of 17
ACE - Expert

Re: Watching recorded shows

SpringTXAggie wrote:
How can I watch my uverse record shows on my Android devices?

See previous discussions. 

To summarize:

• Watch live programs on your device?  Yes.
  • Watch On Demand programs on your device?  Yes
  • Watch recordings on your DVR on your device?  No without the use of a Slingbox or other such device.

Message 7 of 17
Contributor

Playing DVR Recordings thru the UVerse App

Since AT&T Direct TV App can now playback DVR recordings on phone/PC, and the technology is available, when will this feature be available in the UVerse apps?  Thanks

Message 8 of 17
Contributor

I want to watch tv and the record I put on tv
Message 9 of 17
ACE - Expert

PA2923 wrote:
I want to watch tv and the record I put on tv

I want to be 20 years younger and 30 pounds lighter but that's not going to happen anytime soon either.

Message 10 of 17
Contributor

What the heck is a slingbox? All my dvr recordings were playing back just fine with existing programming for about two days and suddenly stopped. Ive tried every option, no go. Was told via chat to unplug my dvr reciever to correct the problem. I believed the whole idea behind dvr is not only controlls, but to be able to playback. Wassup att? Paying full tilt for services. I am a terminally ill cancer patient, and the remote access is perfect for me WHEN IT IS WORKING! Please correct this "bug" asap please.....as i utilize mostly tablets for vieeing since my condition as caused me to become immoblie.....PLEASE HELP, THANKS!
Message 11 of 17
ACE - Expert

Favoja wrote:
What the heck is a slingbox? All my dvr recordings were playing back just fine with existing programming for about two days and suddenly stopped. Ive tried every option, no go. Was told via chat to unplug my dvr reciever to correct the problem. I believed the whole idea behind dvr is not only controlls, but to be able to playback. Wassup att? Paying full tilt for services. I am a terminally ill cancer patient, and the remote access is perfect for me WHEN IT IS WORKING! Please correct this "bug" asap please.....as i utilize mostly tablets for vieeing since my condition as caused me to become immoblie.....PLEASE HELP, THANKS!

Let me offer some clarity and while you won't like this answer, it is fact:

IF you have Uverse, you are not watching your recordings remotely, (computer/Ipad/tablet) since that is not a feature of Uverse.  You are watching progamming from the On Demand library.

If you want to watch recordings remotely, a  Slingbox  is necessary. If you have DirecTV, you could be since that's an option with that service.

Remote access is only available from the On Demand library or live streaming but not recordings...if you have Uverse.  Whatever shows you are watching on your tablet are from the OD library.  There is no "bug" to fix.  It is what it is.

Message 12 of 17
Contributor

{keep it courteous}On the upside I'm now crystal clear that U-verse app allows live tv and on demand - NEVER DVR. Thanks

Message 13 of 17
Contributor

Well, that is just another way for AT&T to screw with their customers, and demand more money!  I had access when we first received Uverse, and then all of a sudden we no longer have it.  We purchased with AT&T telling us we would have access to all of it, there was no differences from Direct TV and Uverse.  Now, there is!  AT&T continues taking advantage of their customers.  Always have and always will.  Just when I think they are changing their stripes, they strike again.  

Message 14 of 17
ACE - Expert

lauriek716 wrote:

Well, that is just another way for AT&T to screw with their customers, and demand more money!  I had access when we first received Uverse, and then all of a sudden we no longer have it.  We purchased with AT&T telling us we would have access to all of it, there was no differences from Direct TV and Uverse.  Now, there is!  AT&T continues taking advantage of their customers.  Always have and always will.  Just when I think they are changing their stripes, they strike again.  

No, you didn't.  Watching recordings remotely has never been available with Uverse but.....whatever.

Message 15 of 17
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support