For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Noeleazy2's profile

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

Saturday, January 27th, 2018 6:33 AM

Uverse App missing many channels as show on home tv

Why is the uverse app miissing many channels as show on home tv even when using it at home?  Local channels and others channel are not available on rhe app. It should be all available on app as well since you are watching at home using the same at&t wifi. This should be fixed asap. Xfinity allows it on their service to both view channels of home and mobile app. 

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

6 years ago

I take it back. The History channel disappeared off the list of Live channels! Ir was there earlier and when I looked for it again, it’s not there anymore. Now I am back where I am unable to watch on mobile. Any ideas?

Guru

• 

467 Messages

6 years ago

Spoiler

I am new to AT&T U-Verse, I’d like to thank you, by these questions I‘m really getting to know this app.  I just found something that I didn’t know about previously.  I checked my Live TV option and the History channel disappeared from there for me also.  However, I found that if you go to the guide, select Watch, if available, it will give you the On Device option and play.  It’ll probably work for other channels as well.  I hope this helps.

0C361658-8953-4C76-81AE-C055E50ADCD8.png

1 Attachment

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

6 years ago

I see those options you have when you click on Watch.  But when I clicked on it on my device, the option I have is watch on tv. I do

not have the option to warch on my device. How did you get those

other options?

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

6 years ago

I see those options you have when you click on Watch. But when I clicked on it on my device, the option I have is watch on tv. I do
not have the option to warch on my device. How did you get those
other options?

Guru

• 

467 Messages

6 years ago

When I opened the app, I selected the Guide.  From the Guide, I selected the channel, then the Watch, Record, etc. appeared.  When I select Watch, my two boxes appear at the top, then the device with Live TV option appeared.  After I selected Live TV, it played.  I posted screenshots in (hopefully) order for you.

873EE2ED-55A3-4AA1-8E65-E051FAB4A47E.jpeg60A91030-93F7-48AC-9E7C-48297C89E963.jpeg03A876B8-160D-4F76-85A0-E0B2925A3BAA.jpeg

3 Attachments

Guru

• 

467 Messages

6 years ago

If you don’t see your box on the app, you have to pair them. The following link tells you how to do it.

https://www.att.com/support/article/u-verse-tv/KM1001096/

“Why can't I connect my device to my receiver?
Check the Wi-Fi settings of your device to ensure it's connected to your AT&T home network and not via 3G or LTE.
Ensure that you have enabled your receiver by running the wizard on Ch. 9301.
If you are on your Wi-Fi home network and have run the wizard and still can't connect to your receiver, launch the My Enabled Devices application on Ch. 9301 to confirm your connection mode.
If instructed to do so, reboot your receiver.
Then attempt to launch the application on your device again.“

(edited)

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

6 years ago

I did all that. It was there for a minute and when I watched it on device it was showing the wrong show. It wasnt the Ancient episode that was showing on tv.  So this apps doesnt really work well. It needs a lot of improvements!  And only way I can get the channel to appear on Live again is to uninstall and reinstall the app. Then again it will only appear for a brief moment on Live channel then it will disappear again. 

Guru

• 

467 Messages

6 years ago

The program is over so I couldn’t check it.  It did take a bit to begin playing the current content.  However, the History channel app has 141 episodes for the Anceint Aliens program, if interested.  You just need to use your AT&T U-Verse log in credentials.  

I agree the U-Verse app needs work. I don’t know of any provider that has a great app.  I had Comcast, theirs was really good until they paired with Netflix, then it went downhill fast in 2016.  I had Brighthouse in Florida, which was an ok app, but you needed to be on home WiFi to watch most content, which, in my opinion, defeats the purpose of mobile.  Then Spectrum bought out Brighthouse, I didn’t like theirs either, so I just stream when I’m down there.

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

6 years ago

Watch channel 256 on your app. It say History Channel - Ancient Aliens Declassified. But when you watch it, it showing the wrong show. It showing the  A&E show. Thats weird!

Guru

• 

467 Messages

6 years ago

That is weird.  On mine Paid Programming is on right now on the History channel.  Check your television, see if it’s an app issue or a service issue.  Sometimes that happens where channels show the wrong content.  Mine is playing the Paid Programming

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.