For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
daburdziak's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Saturday, November 18th, 2017 3:53 AM

Using Uverse login on Network websites

I have the Uverse 450 package, and when I try to use my Uverse info to log in on any network websites, it does not allow me to view their content. I've tried it on IFC's website, Cartoon Network, and a few others. Why doesn't it work?

ACE - Professor

• 

5.4K Messages

6 years ago

When you are on your home network, the credentials aren't needed when selecting ATT Uverse as the service provider.

When away from your home network, use the same credentials as those used for app on your smartphone or tablet.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

I do that, and then it logs me in and I am unable to view the content. Some sites say I am not authorized, others just don't play.

ACE - Professor

• 

5.4K Messages

6 years ago

I have not seen this myself.  What network is this happening with.  I can try from here.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

IFC and Cartoon Network. I have tried on different browsers, and I have tried clearing my cookies, no help.

ACE - Professor

• 

5.4K Messages

6 years ago

I also have U450, although for the channels in question, I don't think that matters.

The machine I use most of this purpose is Windows 10, and the browser I prefer is Edge.  There is one important aspect to this setup though, and because Adobe Flash has been so (rightly) maligned, displaying Flash content is not always enabled by default so you may need to watch out for that.  If the website still uses Silverlight, and quite a few still do, you'll have to use IE 11.

In the case of IFC and Cartoon Network, I tested both of them and they work for me. 

IFC performance seems a bit strange to me.  In some instances, the stream starts and then immediately stops.  In other cases, it seems to work fine.  

In limited testing I've done, noticing that accessing streams is not always reliable.  Most are, but in some cases problems like this or just denying access for no reason is happening.

In another thread, someone had mentioned Fox News Channel.  Happened to spot this.  And please note that ATT in this example refers to Uverse.  Conspiracy theorists should have a ball with this one.

AT&T and DirecTV customers are currently unable to login to watch Fox News Channel and Fox Business Network live, and on-demand.

We are aware of the issue and are waiting on a fix from AT&T and DirecTV.

Please contact their customer support team to let them know you’d like access returned ASAP.

Thank you for your patience. We hope the service is restored soon.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.