susu166's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, April 25th, 2017 12:22 AM

Closed

Using Amazon Firestick with AT&T U-verse

I recently moved and the only choice for internet/tv connection was AT&T (previously had COX Cable).  My Amazon Firestick worked fine with COX.  But I'm having issues getting the connection to work with AT&T.  I got the Firestick to show up properly.  My network name shows up on the screen.  I enter my password and it attempts to authenticate.  But it fails every time and simply says, "Authentication problem."  Then it disconnects and tries again.  The password is correct so that's not the issue.

AT&T Tech support/chat attempted to help me by instructing me to adjust firewall settings.  But that also failed.  After that, they connected me to ANOTHER level of tech support.  They assured me that they could resolve the issue but their support was a paid service so I'd have to subscribe to it!  Wow. 

Why in the world is this so difficult?  Any help is appreciated.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Uhh, never mind.  I tried remotely pushing the WPS button and it enabled my connection to work.  How about that?  So if anyone else is having the same problem, try that.

Community Support

• 

230.4K Messages

7 years ago

Hi @susu166,

We apologize about the issues, but we will be glad to help. It may be worth trying to adjust the wireless settings to see if you can connect. To do so, login to the gateway at http://192.168.1.254. From there go to Wifi. The first thing to try is having an open network. Try disabling the security and changing the SSID (Network name) to something like Test. If it still has trouble connecting, let us know. If it is able to connect, try changing the name and password with the security enabled, and hopefully, it will connect with no issues. Sometimes devices have trouble connecting due to the special characters used in our password.

-ATTU-verseCare

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Still not working even after trying this option.  It tells me that I'm not connected to the network but all my other devices in the home connect just fine.  What else can I try, please?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Is at&t now blocking streaming with the amazon fire stick? I keep getting no stream available, even on things I've already watched. I have cleared the cache and I still get no stream available. Please help!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Is at&t now blocking streaming with the amazon fire stick? I keep getting no stream available, even on things I've already watched. I have cleared the cache and I still get no stream available. Please help!

ACE - Professor

• 

5.2K Messages

6 years ago

I assume you meant to say "NOT" blocking streaming.

Amazon Fire products seem to have difficulty with 5GHz radio.  My 2nd gen Fire TV and Fire Stick both will not connect if the router offers lower channels.  If you lock the router into any channel above 149, you will likely be able to make it work fine.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

i am also using ATT Uverse gigabit.  my fire stick used to be able to connect to 5 ghz but now the stick can see it but it says its out of range.  this is is odd because my laptop is a few feet away and it sees and is connected to the 5 ghz.  

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

help please > stuck and dont no what to do. my son really loves ben 10 and i cant watch it anywhere like uverse states. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

11/30/17 new fire stick , downloaded the at&t app and it will only let me watch live tv all day but not stream.  

an unexpected error has occurred, please try again later , i tried a day later and still nothing. any suggestions? 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

So just recently changed to at&t my smart TVs work my computer that is connected to the server work but my firestick and my kids ps4 wont  log in it sends us to at&t registration page any help will be appreciated thanx

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.