Re: User not authorized error on ipad for WatchESPN app

Tried a factory reset, still did not work

I'm at a loss

Sent from my iPad

Message 16 of 30 (25,589 Views)
Community Support

Hi 3cutiger,

I have been doing further research on it, and it appears that quite a few iPad users have been having this problem with all the providers. The best thread I could find that might help stated that if your iPad is jail-broken, something called xvcon will help with getting the app to work. Also, someone else found out that LandscapeVideos causes the WatchESPN app to not work. After he uninstalled it, it started working.

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 17 of 30 (25,589 Views)
Teacher

Well, glory be, it all the sudden started working.  Did notice that in the updates on the app page at the store, the last update dealt with Uverse issues, so maybe that is what it was?

Thanks so much for the advice.

Message 18 of 30 (25,589 Views)
Community Support

Thanks for keeping us posted 3cutiger. This will probably save a lot of people with the same issue a lot of trouble.

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 19 of 30 (25,589 Views)
Contributor

Re: WatchESPN issues

Doesn't work.

I'm Uverse Internet and Uverse TV Basic subscriber with no ESPN. Get the User Not Authorized Error on WatchESPN live games. Any help?

Message 20 of 30 (27,575 Views)
ACE - Expert

emartrock - If you have no ESPN TV, ESPN does not grant complete access to on-line viewing. There may be some programing available for free. Most requires an ESPN TV subscription. I have seen posts that say it requires U200.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 21 of 30 (27,558 Views)
Contributor

AMC "User not Authorized Error"

I am receiving a "User not Authorized Error" when trying to watch a show on AMC on my laptop. I have logged in, but keep getting this error. I have uverse TV and internet. Any fix for this?

Message 22 of 30 (25,795 Views)
Contributor

I am having the same issues. "Not authorized user" I have read the comments on here and everything is what it is supposed to be. I have an iPad with the updated OS. I'm logged in, have the updated WatchESPN app, etc. Not sure what esle to do.

Jason

Message 23 of 30 (21,084 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

I am still getting this same error.  It also occurs with FOX NOW and Golf Live Extra as well as the WatchESPN app.  I cannot log into any of these streaming providers and I have U-Verse U300.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

When you click on the sign up now button it gives you a Registration not available at this time error.  When you actually log in using your AT&T credentials it gives you the please contact your provider error.

Any help?

Message 24 of 30 (23,403 Views)
Contributor

User not Authorized Error - Watch ESPN

Need Help.  I have Uverse 300 with all ESPN channels.. Since my move I cannot access Watch ESPN on my computer via browser.

Thanks

Message 25 of 30 (4,634 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: User not Authorized Error - Watch ESPN

jon9116 wrote:

Need Help.  I have Uverse 300 with all ESPN channels.. Since my move I cannot access Watch ESPN on my computer via browser.

Thanks

Click the ATT Customer Care link in my signature, send the PM, explain your Watch ESPN situation.

Include your name, account #, email address and a good phone # (land or cell) and time to contact you on.

Check the blue PM envelope, upper right on every page, for their reply. Good luck Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 26 of 30 (4,598 Views)
Contributor

WatchESPN not authorized

[ Edited ]

I am a customer for the U450 package and have received a User not Authorized Error when logging into the WatchESPN web site. It automatically logs me in through the U-Verse Internet connection, I assume, without a prompt for a user ID or password.

I went through AT&T technical support but the agent told me it was not on AT&T's side, that it was indeed ESPN's fault...I somehow, find that conclusion illogical as if I am unauthorized then it has to be coming from AT&T's side, as AT&T is who my TV subscription comes through...just looking for some more input and any possible solutions to the problem.

Message 27 of 30 (4,565 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: WatchESPN not authorized

I had the same problem & called ESPN cust svc & they said to do a password reset on the ESPN screen & it worked.

Message 28 of 30 (4,480 Views)
Contributor

Re: WatchESPN not authorized

No go. Changed it twice, though it took me to the actual ESPN web site. Also tried changing the UVerse password.

Message 29 of 30 (4,476 Views)
Tutor

Watch ESPN won't work
Error message, on any device, is "Unable to play video"
"You are not authorized to play this content. Please contact your provider."
It is a similar message when trying to stream on apps like FoxNow.
We have U-Verse TV, including ESPN, and Internet.
Please help us!
Message 30 of 30 (7,266 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. It is much faster than posting on our forums. You will also find some helpful articles below.