Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, October 17th, 2013 11:27 PM

U-verse online error message

When I try to watch U-verse online, I often get an error message that says,

"Oops... An error has occurred

We apologize for the inconvenience. If the problem persists
please visit our AT&T U-verse Support page for further troubleshooting.
Details: An error occurred trying to play the video.Try Again  Error Code: 3.8"

I've talked to tech support and they say it's a flash player issue, but mine is up to date.  It seems to happen on certain networks and not others.  I can't watch Spike, Showtime, Starz, WE to name a few, but can watch HBO, Fox, and ABC.  I have access to all of these channels on my TV, but keep running into this error code on my computer.  Anyone else having the same problem or have any better trouble shooting ideas than AT&T telephone support? 

Thanks!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Disabling adblock "For this page only" did the trick for me. Thanks.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I can use my desktop computer and watch all of the live and recorded shows on Uverse. This is not true of my laptop. I can see some of the programs but not most of them. If I try to load a show (CNN live for instance) I get an "OOPS....we could not load your video, please clear your browser cache and try again....Errror code 5". This happens on CNN, ABC, Starz, Showtime etc etc. How do I enable my laptop to do the same thing my desktop does?

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

thetinpusher - You are talking uverse.com? Yes? Where live and on-demand (not recorded) shows are available?

You can try the different browsers.. You can clear the caches, cookies & whatever builds up while surfing. Maybe run a tool to make sure the computer is running at it's best. Sorry, I cannot suggest one.

How old is the computer? Video needs lots of speed and memory. Is the desktop wired and the laptop wi-fi? Try it wired.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Yes it is on Uverse.com and it is a mix of live tv and recorded episodes. I can get some of the channels, but not all that I should. I am using both IE11 and google chrome (an up to date version, I have cleared the caches of both dozens of times, my computer was just cleaned by ATT Connect-Tech and the computer is a 1 year old HP Pavillion G7 that handles video just fine when the content is put into it....

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Hello, I am having the same error with BBC America but Silverlight is updated and I do not have ad block.  Can anyone tell me what player does BBC America use?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

I just finally got around to trying uverse live over the web ... what a nightmare.

My system:

linux (ubuntu 14.04)

latest silverlight/pipelight installed (netflix works ok)

latest adobe flash available 11.2 I believe

oracle java 7

login is ok click on start a live TV and it authenticates me ok puts up the viewing box and I can see the Start/Pause button and the ATT spinner on the screen.   After about 4-5 seconds it just displays an error 3.8.

For some absurd reason... ATT has buried those error codes here:

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB423862&cv=813#fbid=tx5InrDOtXK

But unfortunately error 3.8 is listed as UNKNOWN ERROR - Requires further investigation on a case by case basis. First point of call, check the browser's javascript/error console for further details.    Uninstall Microsoft Silverlight and reinstall.

So I uninstalled silverlight/pipelight and reinstalled.   Same error.   As a former programmer I'm puzzled that ATT can detect the error and fail on it but can't tell what it is???

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

some channels work and it appears the ones that don't may have a license/DRM problem/bug that is causing the Error 3.8 to occur on the  end-user pc/laptops.

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

10 years ago

I know back around the time that this thread originally started, I was having issues with watching Netflix on my Mac. It turned out that the newest Silverlight version caused an incompatibility for me. To resolve the problems I was having watching Netflix, I had to remove Silverlight, and re-install an older version.

Since that time for me, a newer Silverlight update fixed the problem in Firefox, but it persisted in Chrome. It is possible that your problem is related to an update to something like Flash or Silverlight which might have recently been installed on your computer.

As a software developer, I'm sure you can fully understand how you can detect an error with an external application that you interact with. I'm also sure that you can understand that the external application may have been updated and now returns an error that wasn't known or documented at the time your application was released. How would you catch that external error and report it to your users? Now you understand how AT&T can detect the error but not know what it is to report you exactly how to fix it.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

understand what you are saying.

my netflix works fine using silverlight/pipelight, same java 7, same
browsers and Netflix uses DRM.

Since I started working on this last night I've read hundreds of messages
by people having this 3.8 error... I just don't see why someone at ATT
isn't more curious about the cause(s) so it doesn't have to be listed as
"unknown". Even if they had multiple possibilities they could just list
them so people could check whether they'd thought of them all or not.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I am having this error now.  As expected - help was no help. 

I was somewhat successful doing the following:

https://www.att.com/esupport/main.html#!/u-verse-tv/topic_uversetvsupport

The above post is from ATT.  Look about 2/3 down the page.  You will see a listing of error codes. They suggest remove Silverlight. (Go Figure).  I used the following lazy method:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2608523 (I used "Mr. FixIt"

As the others have done, my Java and other items are up to date.

I normally use Firefox as my main browser. I have Chrome and like most use IE to download the other two. 

Fixing Silverlight instantly fixed IE and Chrome.  No so much with FireFox.  As a suggestion I am looking into the addbocking that I have installed. The strange thing is everything was working fine till today. Whatever happened killed all three at once. Good Luck! If I get Firefox going I will post this as well.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.