Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, October 17th, 2013 11:27 PM

U-verse online error message

When I try to watch U-verse online, I often get an error message that says,

"Oops... An error has occurred

We apologize for the inconvenience. If the problem persists
please visit our AT&T U-verse Support page for further troubleshooting.
Details: An error occurred trying to play the video.Try Again  Error Code: 3.8"

I've talked to tech support and they say it's a flash player issue, but mine is up to date.  It seems to happen on certain networks and not others.  I can't watch Spike, Showtime, Starz, WE to name a few, but can watch HBO, Fox, and ABC.  I have access to all of these channels on my TV, but keep running into this error code on my computer.  Anyone else having the same problem or have any better trouble shooting ideas than AT&T telephone support? 

Thanks!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Same problem here: Can't watch Showtime via Uverse Online using Windows 7 w/ IE10 or Google Chrome. Have latest versions of Java, Flash & Silverlight. ATT Customer Service can't help either.

Scholar

• 

86 Messages

10 years ago

I have not had any problems.  As far as Showtime you do know you can watch showtime through their own service Showtime anywhere and they also have a live feed of Showtime.  Also all of the premium channels which is mostly what I watch has their own site where you can watch their progamming.  So most if the time I use their sites rather then Uverse.

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi,

We apologize about all the inconveniences but vinrossgmailcom was able to find something that may help out.

vinrossgmailcom wrote:
Although I had the latest Microsoft Silverlight version I decided to uninstall and re-install it.

This helped resolve their issue, and hopefully, it will help resolve everyone elses.

-David T

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Uninstalled & Reinstalled Silverlight & still have the same problem.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Same thing here.  Have done all the troubleshooting. Various browsers, Mac/PC laptop desktop, wired & wireless connections.  Deleted cookies, reinstalled programs, on & on & on.......  Had AT&T rep out today. Switched modems - no change.  However, I am able to use my iphone on the wireless network and play a Starz series.  Detail regarding Starz:  on my computers I can play Starz movies & not original series.  We just moved and had our Att service relocated to new address & this is when it all started.  The tech that came (after hours & hours of phone tech support) was confounded, called his techie at Att, still no answer to this problem.

Att, please figure this out.  You may email me and get my contact info & I am willing to be the guinea pig to try things out - lets just get it fixed!

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

GRRRR!!! I'm glad it's not just me having this problem. When I talk to support, I feel like they think I'm making this up. I don't understand. I've tried EVERYTHING!!! I've tired of un/ reinstalling everything that is not helping.  

Please find the root cause and fix it. It's odd I some movies/shows work fine while other give me that stupid error 3.8...............

If there is something I'm not doing right, Please let me know.

Does anyone else have blank tiles? Some tiles show and some are white and you have to hover over to see what movie it is.

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

10 years ago

It may depend on what region of the country you are in.    I am using FireFox and the site is working ok here in SE Michigan.  Hopefully the issue will get resolved quickly.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Hi I was having this problem too and getting this error whenever I tried to watch videos on uverseonline, what I found fixed my problem is disabling my adblock plus on my firefox and chrome, after I disabled it I stopped getting the error code 3.8 I hope that helps!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Were you able to assist nh_0402 with the Error 3.8 message? I ask becuase I have the same issue and would like a resolution.  I have tried the other suggestions, but they have not worked.

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

10 years ago

WINDOWS 7 

I had the same problem on Chrome where suddenly movies from Showtime and Cinemax would error out on loading with error code 5. Deleting the browser cache had no effect, however, IE8 continued to work and I never removed or changed Silverlight. It seemed to happen after Sockwave player was upgraded but I'm not 100% sure. I removed (deleted) Adobe Sockwave and ActiveX and reinstaalled Sockwave. There was no change. 

I removed CHROME and downloaded a new installed. I can now watch these movies on Chrome. WARNING, you will lose all of your bookmarks. You must used google sync feature or save the bookmark file into another non Chrome directory before removing chrome. 

Here is how to find the bookmark file. You can skip step 1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eYxOFedFFE

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.