U-verse online error message

Contributor

U-verse online error message

When I try to watch U-verse online, I often get an error message that says,

"Oops... An error has occurred

We apologize for the inconvenience. If the problem persists
please visit our AT&T U-verse Support page for further troubleshooting.
Details: An error occurred trying to play the video.Try Again  Error Code: 3.8"

I've talked to tech support and they say it's a flash player issue, but mine is up to date.  It seems to happen on certain networks and not others.  I can't watch Spike, Showtime, Starz, WE to name a few, but can watch HBO, Fox, and ABC.  I have access to all of these channels on my TV, but keep running into this error code on my computer.  Anyone else having the same problem or have any better trouble shooting ideas than AT&T telephone support? 

Thanks!

Message 1 of 37 (46,524 Views)
Community Support

Re: U-verse online error message

Hi nh_0402,

I apologize about the inconveniences with the U-verse online site. Hopefully, it's a n easy fix, but I will be glad to work with you until we get this fixed. 

When you access U-verse online, what browser are you using to access it?

Have you tried with other browsers?

Do you have this issue when you try another device?

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 37 (44,608 Views)
Contributor

i too have the same error 3.8 and no one at at&t has been able to assist me. I've spoke with over a dozen technicians and gotten no where. I've reinstalled browers, updated silverlight, upldated my flash player and i still have the same error 3.8

using a macbook pro

using browers chrome, safari and firefox are none are working....at a loss

Message 3 of 37 (44,523 Views)
Community Support

Hi rosahaggerty,

I apologize for this inconveniences, but I would be glad to look further into this for you. I will be sending you a private message to gather some more information, so be on the lookout for it.

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 37 (44,502 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

I am also having this problem. I am also using a Macbook Pro. I have tried Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Chrome. But I seem to only be having problems with watching movies, not TV shows

Message 5 of 37 (44,458 Views)
Community Support

Hi stuckyn,

I apologize for the issues you are having with U-verse online. I would be glad to investigate your issue further. 

Please send us a detailed message by clicking here. Be sure to include your name, account number, phone number, and the best time to reach you. 

Keep an eye on the at the top right corner of your screen for a response.

In the meantime, let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

-David T

Employee Contributor*
Message 6 of 37 (44,436 Views)
Contributor

I'm also having this problem...

Am on a Surface Pro.  Using Windows 8.1 and latest Java Silverlight, flash, etc...

Thanks for your help.

Message 7 of 37 (44,403 Views)
ACE - Expert

It is especially important to note which channels you are having problems with, and whether or not the problem is intermittent or continous.  There are several different players in use depending on the which content provider is responsible for the channel.  AT&T has done a nice job of providing a single menu/selection screen, but behind the scenes, it must be anything but simple.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 8 of 37 (44,399 Views)
Contributor

I am having issues viewing Showtime, Stars.   Can watch HBO and other channels. Started several days ago. ATT customer is useless. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Message 9 of 37 (44,359 Views)
ACE - Expert

[ Edited ]

Showtime uses a Silverlight based player.  Do you have the most recent version of Silverlight installed?  What messages (if any) do you get?  What does happen?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 10 of 37 (44,352 Views)
Contributor

Same problem here: Can't watch Showtime via Uverse Online using Windows 7 w/ IE10 or Google Chrome. Have latest versions of Java, Flash & Silverlight. ATT Customer Service can't help either.

Message 11 of 37 (44,332 Views)
Scholar

I have not had any problems.  As far as Showtime you do know you can watch showtime through their own service Showtime anywhere and they also have a live feed of Showtime.  Also all of the premium channels which is mostly what I watch has their own site where you can watch their progamming.  So most if the time I use their sites rather then Uverse.

Message 12 of 37 (44,294 Views)
Community Support

Hi,

We apologize about all the inconveniences but vinrossgmailcom was able to find something that may help out.

vinrossgmailcom wrote:
Although I had the latest Microsoft Silverlight version I decided to uninstall and re-install it.

This helped resolve their issue, and hopefully, it will help resolve everyone elses.

-David T

Need more help? Feel free to search the AT&T Community for great answers. You can also get immediate troubleshooting steps from the myAT&T app. Simply login, scroll and click Fix it Now! Support Tools. You can also reach out to our Chat Support 24/7.

Employee Contributor*
Message 13 of 37 (44,280 Views)
Contributor

Uninstalled & Reinstalled Silverlight & still have the same problem.

Message 14 of 37 (44,218 Views)
Contributor

Same thing here.  Have done all the troubleshooting. Various browsers, Mac/PC laptop desktop, wired & wireless connections.  Deleted cookies, reinstalled programs, on & on & on.......  Had AT&T rep out today. Switched modems - no change.  However, I am able to use my iphone on the wireless network and play a Starz series.  Detail regarding Starz:  on my computers I can play Starz movies & not original series.  We just moved and had our Att service relocated to new address & this is when it all started.  The tech that came (after hours & hours of phone tech support) was confounded, called his techie at Att, still no answer to this problem.

Att, please figure this out.  You may email me and get my contact info & I am willing to be the guinea pig to try things out - lets just get it fixed!

Message 15 of 37 (44,196 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. It is much faster than posting on our forums. You will also find some helpful articles below.