bcarruth62's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, December 17th, 2013 6:04 PM

U-verse mobile app problems

Since I updated the U-verse mobile app on both my iPhone and iPad the Live TV section does not work keeps saying "U-verse mobile service it temproarily unavailable. Please try again later. (Error # 996-8138-5802baaea708)

Is there any fix for this or is this update garbage?

Thanks

Bob

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

10 years ago

Plays on my Samsung Galaxy phone.

Does not play on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3   (error 606)

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

10 years ago

We are aware of this issue and we are working on a fix with our partners. We apologize in advance for the delay and we will be sure to post in the community when a resolution becomes available.

-David T

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

I was recieving a similar error and could not access the u-verse mobile app whatsoever.  The error kept stating "U-verse mobile service is temproarily unavailable. Please try again later."  This was very frustrating as I was using the app for many days with only minor troubles that were cured by clearing app data or reinstalling.

This new error occurred after I updated my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 to the latest Android software.  I attempted to clear the application data as well as uninstall and reinstall the application several times to no avail.  I was connected via wifi to the 2wire residential gateway and could not, for the life of me, figure out why this application would not work. 

I uninstalled the application one last time and left it uninstalled. As a last ditch effort I decided to do a hard reset of my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, back to factory defaults.  After the tablet finished booting up, and Google Backup finished restoring most of my applications, I hesitantly reinstalled the uverse app from the google play store.  Viola!  It works!

I'm not sure if uverse failed because of a bad crash it could not recover from, or because I updated my tablet, but the hard reset seemed to cure all ills.  I will refrain from updating the tablet for now.

For instructions on how to perform a hard reset please see this video:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sbgN0PxMzc

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

I was able to fix this problem for a short amount of time with a total hardware reset of my tablet.  But now it seems the problem has cropped up yet again -- this time with a vengeance.  Unless the network is actually down on the server side?

I tried to reset my tablet yet again with to fix this issue -- with no luck.  The odd thing is I tried to load the application on another tablet with similar results.  It's almost as if i've been IP banned altogether.  Please, ATT, hurry up with a solution.  I'm a paying customer going without service.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Researching this issue I came to the conclusion that the error resided with my residential gateway or router.  For some reason I believe my device was listed several times in my network devices under the router.  This confused the network and application and gave the error which made the application unavailible.  The network simply didn't know which device was my actual device. 

To solve this I simply cleared application data, uninstalled the application, disabled wifi on my tablet and powered off the device for the night until the next morning.  In the morning I powered on the device and turned wifi back on, reinstalled the application and it all worked flawlessly.

If you don't have 8 hrs or longer to power off wifi of the tablet or phone then you can alternatively try clearing the device list of the router and rebooting the router.by going to this page http://192.168.1.254/xslt?PAGE=C_5_7

Good luck everyone.

ACE - Professor

• 

5.8K Messages

10 years ago

Can you watch recorded shows on an iPhone/iPad using the Uverse app? Also The last few nights I have been unable to set recordings using the App. I get a spinning wheel.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

browndk26 - No, you cannot watch your recordings on the app. You can watch on-demand that may be the same show (or not). If you can get it to work.

To watch recordings & anything else on your u-verse TV install, get a slingbox or other comparable device. You do need to connect it to an STB.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Whenever I attempt to watch live TV from my Iphone, after about 10 seconds, the screen goes black. If I reload the channel, it works, but then after about 10 seconds the screen goes black again. Why would this be happening? The app isn't frozen, and if I tap the screen or turn it vertical I can see the channel options. The screen just goes black until I pick another channel or reload the current channel. It's quite frustrating. 

I'm on an Iphone 5s. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I have the same issue and and I have spent hours with U-verse tech help and all they keep saying is reinstal it and disconect to the wifi. Ya done that like a milion times and gues what? It didnt work! Maybe att should be using some of that small fortune I pay them every year to figure it out.

Mentor

• 

81 Messages

10 years ago

I am having the same issue with my iphone. When I try to watch live tv it says the U-verse mobile service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later. The weird thing is that live tv works on my wife's iphone and on my ipad no problem. Why only my iphone it does not work? I have the latest ios and i have deleted and reinstalled the app. Still not working. I had the same issue about 9 months ago and didnt work for about 2 weeks. Then it started working again no problem. At that time, it was the same thing where it always worked on my wife's iphone and ipad. Is this something on AT&T's side? Seems many people have similar issues. Is there any other fix that people know of.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.