Djk444's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, December 15th, 2014 3:00 AM

U verse and History

Why isn't Uverse a provider for the History channel app??? Unable to watch shows because I can't sign in to do so!

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

9 years ago

Djk444 wrote:r
Why isn't Uverse a provider for the History channel app??? Unable to watch shows because I can't sign in to do so!

I downloaded the History Channel app to check out what you wrote. U-Verse is not on the list of providers for the History Channel. The ones listed are Xfinity, DirectTV, Optimum, Verizon Fios, Dish, Time Warner, and Brighthouse.

Evidentally, there is not a contract relationship between AT&T and the owners of the History Channel. No one on this forum can tell you if and when there will be a contract between the two entities.

However, you can download the U-Verse app, sign in with your U-Verse sign in, and watch the History Channel on it.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Yes, you can but only the shows that are offered there. Not the latest shows/episodes from History channel.

Sent from my iPhone

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Apparently Lifetime has the same issue. Can't use their app either for the exact same reason. Have to wonder how many other channels we can't use apps for?

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

9 years ago

@Djk444 wrote:
Yes, you can but only the shows that are offered there. Not the latest shows/episodes from History channel.

Sent from my iPhone

I understand what you are getting at. With the U-Verse app, you can only watch what the History Channel has on it's channel at that time. With the History Channel app, you can pick and choose what you wish to watch.

Mentor

• 

73 Messages

9 years ago

Same problem still. Months later. Gotta love att. If it wasn't such a huge pain I'd be changing Over to Verizon fios

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@klepp0906 wrote:
Same problem still. Months later. Gotta love att. If it wasn't such a huge pain I'd be changing Over to Verizon fios

Months later?  These channel contracts last 2-3 years or longer, things weren't gonna change in months.  That's only when things might possibly change, not sooner. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

9 years ago

klepp0906 wrote:

Hi @klepp0906.  Gotta love AT&T?  I know, negotiations are all one way streets right?  AT&T has to want to make a deal with A&E Networks (History's parent)  and vice versa!  AT&T has been going through that with Hallmark.  AT&T offers and is shot down by Hallmark's parent.

To let AT&T directly know how you feel, I would recommend that you send a private message to the escalation team at AT&T Customer Care, and someone will get in touch with you.  AND while you are at it, contact History via this A&E Networks Contact Page.and demand that they make a deal with AT&T.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.