aschroeder's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, November 26th, 2017 4:55 PM

Turn on Closed Captioning/Subtitles Feature in Att U-verse App for IPhone Running OS 11.1.2

I’m trying to watch a recording from my dvr on my iPhone X using the att U-verse app for iPhone but I’m not able to turn on the closed captioning/subtitles feature. I read in the support manual there should be a CC button visible when playing the recording but I don’t see one. Any help would be greatly appreciated!A9E8C99B-5327-486B-A8ED-24DE4DF702FB.png

1 Attachment

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

6 years ago

The ability to watch DVR content remotely does not exist with Uverse. You are watching Die Hard 2 from the On Demand library. 

That being said, what "support manual" are you referring to?  Touch the screen to pause. There IS a CC box on the bottom right of the screen.diehard.jpg

1 Attachment

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

@skeeterintexas

instead of launching the video from the my recordings section which then streams it from the on demand library, I went directly to the on demand library and launched the movie. When I did this, the closed captioning box was visible and I’m now able to use it. 

I went back back to the my recordings section and launched the video from there again, just to see, and the CC button wasn’t there. There must be a glitch in the app that doesn’t allow you to CC unless you launch the video directly from the on demand library. 

Anyway, thanks for your help!

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

It looks like you’re right, I’m watching the video from the on demand library on my phone. That is strange that CC button is showing up in the screenshot you just sent as it doesn’t show up in mine when I view the movie on my phone. Are you using the newest version of the att U-verse app version 5.6 with an iPhone OS?

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

6 years ago

That's weird.  At least now you know!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.